View Full Version : Please help me trouble shoot!!!~~~

tomazws
September 16th, 2009, 04:36 AM
Hi guys. Well... it started about a 2, 3 months ago... accelerating is fine, but staying on constant speed sometimes bogs a little.. then... it bogged more and more (only constant speed). Then, it started to bog in idle during cold start and shuts itself off... Then, recently, it just wouldn't stay alive, couldn't even able to make it out the drive way.

So, I took this bitch apart, pull the carbs out, thinking maybe give the jets a real good clean might able to fix it.

Floats out, needle jets out, pilot jets out, pilot screws out... and they are all pretty much sparkling clean O_o

Looked through the jets, and I see the light on the other side... The light through is about the size of a sugar powder. So it should be good right?

Anyway, I'm still soaking them in carb cleaner.... not sure if it'll make the hole bigger or whatever... but it doesn't look like dirty carbs is the problem..

What else could cause that problem!??!?!!? Please help!

empire00
September 16th, 2009, 04:44 AM
if that doesnt fix it you probobly have a spark problem. thats where i would check. also have you done any mods to the bike. ie exaust, filter as this could be throwing off your jetting.

kkim
September 16th, 2009, 09:31 AM
check your air filter.

also, when was the last time the valves were adjusted?

gistmarrs
September 16th, 2009, 09:31 AM
You might want to check the vacuum diaphrams in the carbs. If they have a tear in them, it won't run well until high RPM's and full throttle. Sort of like a two stroke going in and out of its power band.

tapdiggy
September 18th, 2009, 12:17 AM
when was the last time the valves were adjusted?

+1. Welcome to the valve adjustment bandwagon, kkim!

tomazws
December 3rd, 2009, 12:14 PM
OK, so I just came back home 2 weeks ago and here's what I did:

Since the carb was pretty damn clean, I just put everything back together.
Took the fuel pump out, get it tested OK. Changed a fuel filter.
Took the battery out, and it was also tested OK.
Spark plugs are all OK looking.

So without any other clue, I brought the bike to a shop and the dude found out my carb was leaking gas at the part where the tub from the pump connected to the carb. There was a crack and he simply just glued it close. So it's running fine now. =)

kkim
December 3rd, 2009, 12:18 PM
mmmm.... what kind (yr/model) of bike do you own? it says "none" under your info.

You're saying your float bowl was cracked? If so, I'd say get another float bowl and don't trust the glue to hold. Gas is a very strong solvent.