View Full Version : Citizenship

tjkamper
September 17th, 2009, 05:35 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know how proud I am of my wife.

She just had her Citizenship interview today and passed. :thumbup:

The USCIS Officer who administered the interview told her that the swearing in cerimony will probably be in November and that we should get a notice in the mail in two weeks.

rockNroll
September 17th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Tell her congrats!!!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

tjkamper
September 17th, 2009, 05:42 PM
I will.

It has been a long road from when we first came to the states in 2005. She studied her little heart out and really learned a lot about US history and Government. Plus her English has really improved a lot from when we first came here.

edwinmcq
September 17th, 2009, 05:42 PM
That is great! You should be proud.

puck
September 17th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Cool, congrats! My wife (who's from Finland) is probably going up for her citizenship test this coming year. She's a bit nervous about the US history component too...

tjkamper
September 17th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Cool, congrats! My wife (who's from Finland) is probably going up for her citizenship test this coming year. She's a bit nervous about the US history component too...

They give you a book and all the materials you need to know when you go in for the biometrics screening. It even comes with a CD. Really good stuff.

Hey atleast you get something for the $595 processing fee and $80 biometrics fee.:D

It ain't cheap.

lockie
September 17th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Congratulations. Most people are born into citizenship. Like your spouse I got to choose my country as I had American and Canadian parents. I made the decision when I was 24 to retain Canadian citizenship. When you have to think about things and learn how it's done you have a better appreciation of the country you call yours.

Take Care.

komohana
September 17th, 2009, 08:06 PM
travis contrats to wife.
i honestly don't know the specifics involved but have been told it's no cake walk.
commitment and preparation is putting it lightly i'm sure.

well done! :thumbup:

bob706
September 17th, 2009, 08:25 PM
:usa: congrats!

Snake
September 18th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Congatulations! You need to celebrate and buy her dinner.

tjkamper
September 18th, 2009, 08:57 AM
Did last night.

Sailariel
September 18th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Congratulations. I also chose my country. It was an excellent choice. Sounds like she is doing a good job with her English. That has to be the hardest language to learn--very illogical. How come you park your car in a driveway and drive your car on a parkway? If the plural of house is houses, how come the plural of mouse is not "mouses", but mice. Should not the plural of house be "hice"? Sure is confusing.

noche_caliente
September 18th, 2009, 04:40 PM
congratulations to your DW! it amazes me how many of our natural-born citizens know less than those who have to work for citizenship!

tjkamper
September 18th, 2009, 04:42 PM
amen