View Full Version : Where do you store your 250?

tyronne1126
September 20th, 2009, 11:31 PM
- I'm going to get my '09 Black 250 NEXT sunday / monday. (Hopefully)

I was wondering where you guys stored your 250?

- Lets say you DONT have a garage?
- You have a house?

Ideas?

Side question:
Would it be okay to store my bike in my room for a couple days while i get my insurance and possibly buy a shed for it?

Pictures of your bike in storage would be fun! Any storage.

(EYE CANDY IS ALWAYS GREAT)

ScraitT
September 21st, 2009, 05:39 AM
Mine just sits in my front yard. Only problem I have is it getting dirty quick, so I have to wash it down a lot.

adouglas
September 21st, 2009, 06:34 AM
Storing it inside for a few days may make you feel warm and fuzzy (and your significant other the exact opposite) but it's really overkill IMHO.

I have a garage. If I didn't, I'd have a shed of some sort, either one of those "instant up" vinyl things or one from a home improvement store.

Give some thought to getting the bike in and out. Make it as easy as possible.

Convenience is, I believe, really important and often ignored.

I also happen to have a protruding stud in my garage in easy arm's reach of the bike. It's very handy... when I get home, I take my helmet, stuff my skull cap and gloves inside, and hang it right up before I'm even off the bike. I might add a couple of hooks next to it for my jacket and pants.

cifex
September 21st, 2009, 06:57 AM
I keep it in a buddy's garage. Sometimes I keep it in the driveway at my apt overnight if I'm riding to work the next day. There is nothing wrong with keeping it in your room aside from getting it in and out without damage. You also do not want to be starting the bike up in the house because you will die.

adouglas
September 21st, 2009, 07:02 AM
You also do not want to be starting the bike up in the house because you will die.

lol

Probably because your significant other, roommate(s), neighbors, parents or landlord (or some combination of the above) will come after you with a kitchen knife. :D

cifex
September 21st, 2009, 07:34 AM
OBV what I meant! ;)

addy126
September 21st, 2009, 07:41 AM
In front drive with all weather cover over it. Alarm is always activated with throttle lock/disc lock engaged.

edwinmcq
September 21st, 2009, 08:30 AM
Mine sits in a fall out shelter converted into a garage under the SW DC waterfront.
When I go out of town I use Master Lock Street Cuffs to lock it to a three inch pipe in the concrete wall.

Flashmonkey
September 21st, 2009, 08:36 AM
I store mine in a shed....:(

Winter storage prep is key. A good cover can go a long way, and make sure you pull the battery.

revstriker
September 21st, 2009, 10:03 AM
I keep it in a buddy's garage. Sometimes I keep it in the driveway at my apt overnight if I'm riding to work the next day. There is nothing wrong with keeping it in your room aside from getting it in and out without damage. You also do not want to be starting the bike up in the house because you will die.It also is a fire hazard (even with the engine off) and could be illegal. Attached garages in homes usually have a fire wall which separates the garage from the house for this very reason.

Cedilla
September 21st, 2009, 10:12 AM
I just keep mine in the back yard, I put a cover over it most of the time. I don't even bother with the cover if I come home at night, and I will be riding to work in the morning.:)

tyronne1126
September 21st, 2009, 10:40 AM
Oh wow. Didn't notice so many people replied already.

Anyways, I think I'm going to buy a decent size shed and keep it there when I'm not riding.

The reason I don't want to keep it outside is cuz I hate covers and the sun is deadly to the paint.
Posted via Mobile Device

jfauerba
September 21st, 2009, 12:18 PM
I keep mine on the front porch. It is a cement one on the ground. I have no railings so I never have to back it up and it is a covered porch.
I use to keep it behind my van in the carport but it was a pain to back it up between my house and my van to get it out.
I also use mine bike to commute to work every day (rain or shine) along with fun rides so I ride it 6 to 7 days per week.

rockNroll
September 21st, 2009, 12:26 PM
Before I had a garage I kept my bike(s) inside... usually in the kitchen or living room. I used to put those clear plastic runners w/ the spikes on the back down on the floor and park on those.

cwb48
September 21st, 2009, 02:46 PM
I've been using a cover for years. A good cover will protect your bike almost as well as a garage or shed. But beware of blow overs, much more common than you would think and made much more likely by the cover. Park it on the sidestand leaning away from the prevailing wind direction, or better yet, out of the wind somehow.

noche_caliente
September 21st, 2009, 03:23 PM
If you're looking at a shed, it's likely cheaper to buy materials and build your own - they're not very difficult to build :) I can't be much help as to where to store it however, as we keep mine in the garage, and have even stored other forum members' bikes as well :)

tjkamper
September 21st, 2009, 03:37 PM
Store it in your room. If you have a Full - King size bed lay it down next to you under the covers so it doesn't get cold. You can hug it all night long if you like.

On a serios note. If you have a truck/SUV you can pick up a used 10ft enclosed trailer for a little over a grand which is cheaper than a prefab shed and you'll have a toy hauler. you can pick up bike chocks for about another 75 bucks and tie hooks for another 20 at any trailer supply shop.

The only down side is that you have to ride it up and down the ramp alot. (Besure the trailer has a ramp door and not the double hinge doors).

wyckedflesh
September 21st, 2009, 03:43 PM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c167/wyckedflesh/Ninja250R/kitchen-ninja.jpg

tyronne1126
September 21st, 2009, 04:12 PM
I'm thinking about the 10x11 ft shed by arrow from sears. It's 6.8ft tall in the center. Only problem is that the opening is only 55w x 60h. But not to bad. Plenty of room inside.
Price is about 350 right now.
Posted via Mobile Device

ASecretNinja
September 21st, 2009, 10:39 PM
I'm lucky enough to have a garage. I live close to the coast, and parking outside wreaks havoc on my chain, despite being obsessive about cleaning and lubing it..

If you don't have a garage, I'd highly recommend a cover. Nelson Rigg (good quality) covers are on sale for 30 bucks at newenough.com right now. I just bought one for a friend, and will probably be buying another for myself soon.