View Full Version : a new start

ninjabrewer
September 21st, 2009, 09:13 PM
yes it is me again.

I have a banner on my page congratulating me on my 1000th post. So before I start :deadhorse: I wanted to see my userid with 1000 beside it and what did I see.

but this,

I actually had the most posts today. :eek: I even beat kkim and Alex. whoa. Yeah I know, I was really pushing to get to this point.
I am happy, I have never posted this much on a forum and I have been on to several.

So, why I am posting this my fellow ninjetters may ask? no special reason, just a way to start on my next thousand.
So now I will sit back, :pop2:, have a :drinkpals: and watch the show.
The only thing I wish I could do was come up with some of those off the wall things that I posted here after sitting downwind too much. (If you don't know what that means, I am sorry but I can't tell you, the internet has spies) Something along the lines of

"Welcome to the ninjetters liar, the undisclosed location for those of us that ride the trusty steeds of metal, plastic and passion on the winding ribbons of asphalt through the canyons and mountains of mother earth, running with the thunder of sonic booms, as the winds of time chase us as we plunder images of speed"

Anywho, on with the show.

NB

PS. interesting place I went to this weekend with some of my non biking friends, (yes, some of us have those). Place called Deepcreek hot springs near Hesperia CA. (http://www.deepcreekvolunteers.com/) Had a blast, hot springs right beside a creek, that is cold and deep. Went camping on a sandy beach beside a creek, slept outside under the stars and saw a few shooting stars. It is amazing how many stars you see when they are not washed out by the light of a city.

OK, NOW on with the show.

Alex
September 21st, 2009, 09:49 PM
:clapping: :thumbup:

komohana
September 22nd, 2009, 08:44 AM
yo nb ... contrats on the 1k mark bruddah

hang loose

tjkamper
September 22nd, 2009, 08:53 AM
Congrats with the postituting.

rockNroll
September 22nd, 2009, 10:01 AM
Yipeee! I made 3 of the 4 lists (pats self on back).

oh yeah... congrats to ya NB! :p

AnarchoMoltov
September 22nd, 2009, 11:13 AM
CONGRATS ON THE BIG 1000.......Are you pissed that all it says is alot???

OldGuy
September 22nd, 2009, 03:22 PM
Way to go Chris - now get back to work ;).

Seriously nice job. You have been here from the beginning and bring a little sanity (notice I said a little) to the conversation every now and then. Any ideas when you are going to get to go back to HI?

ninjabrewer
September 22nd, 2009, 05:58 PM
Way to go Chris - now get back to work ;).

Seriously nice job. You have been here from the beginning and bring a little sanity (notice I said a little) to the conversation every now and then. Any ideas when you are going to get to go back to HI?

I wish I knew, but I have heard some encouraging news. Next September is the earliest, then we work 12 hr days, 6 days a week, then I would like to get a permanent position there with this company. I have heard the gov't is going to make them GS positions instead of contractor and that would be great, although lots of things change in 18 months. For now, I have been enjoying hanging out with some friends that I have met. Will have to move again sometime in November and will start the process over again. Right now I don't know where.

nb

PS, thanks to all for their comments and congrats.

g21-30
September 22nd, 2009, 06:10 PM
Chris, what are you doing for riding?

g21-30
September 22nd, 2009, 06:25 PM
Nevermind, you don't have time to ride, just work and work! Right? :D

<-----------------LOOK!

Sound Wave
September 22nd, 2009, 07:11 PM
it is about time you joined the postwhore club. congrats.

earliest is next september? wow. well, after having all those great roads to ride on, you may not ever want to come back to hawaii.

ninjabrewer
September 22nd, 2009, 07:59 PM
Chris, what are you doing for riding?

I ride everyday, right now it is my only form of transportation that I have here in CA. Sometimes I just jump on it and "go for a spin" and on the weekends, a lot of times I end up in San Clemente or at San Onofree State beach. This past weekend I rode up to Hesperia and met some friends for the weekend.

it is about time you joined the postwhore club. congrats.

earliest is next september? wow. well, after having all those great roads to ride on, you may not ever want to come back to hawaii.

I have been a post whore for a while now, but I was elated that I hit the 1000 mark. As for not wanting to come back, not sure about that, I was there for the Labor day weekend and spent some time with my family. Went snorkeling with my daughter on north shore and thought I saw you on the side of Kam highway, but as we got closer I noticed it was a Suzuki. They was about to leave anyway, going towards town.

But I will miss Socal. I have met some really great people here, including Ken, (kjohnson21), Ken, Kurosaki, diablo250, and a few others I can't remember at this moment, (sorry guys, too much beer),done quite a few things that I haven't done before, that didn't include some sort of mind altering substance, or girls, (Hmmmm, same thing :rolleyes:) Thought about looking for something permanent here, but the job market here is one of the worst in the country, so that nixed that idea. Hopefully I will find something permanent in Hawaii later on and be able to set down some roots and stay in one place for a while.
I love to travel, but I had rather do it with my family, know what I mean?

nb