View Full Version : Gear?

shadow
September 24th, 2009, 12:12 AM
So...been reviewing a new setup for pants...have a Shift jacket with the 8" zipper on the back, but its a textile piece with decent forearm and shoulder armor, but just has back padding, but I want to upgrade to something to match the pants decently well, and have a 360 zipper hopefully.
Has anybody heard anything about Xelement products? their coats on Leatherup are seemingly awesome but inexpensive, and I'm wondering why. Is the "Level-3" REALLY the next gen in armor, and that protective and that cheap to buy? It seems a little odd with a Alpinestars jacket w/o "Level3" armor being $400 and this stuff being $90 with more protection...

AnarchoMoltov
September 24th, 2009, 12:26 AM
I bought a helmet off of leatherup before, it actually was pretty decent for the price...Everything seems really cheap on that website, I'm not too sure about the gear though, but you will get what you pay for, alot of the reviews seem to be telling about the poor quality of some of the products...I have a code for 10% off unlimited use--> 55632 :thumbup:

shadow
September 24th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Excellent...thank you for the code...actually should close the thread here too, tried on and fell in love with a Tourmasters jacket/pants combo...very comfy and EXCEPTIONALLY warm! :-P (60 degrees even tonight and *ahem* "Freeway speeds"..no problem!)