View Full Version : Reminder - Beware of leaves!

noche_caliente
September 26th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Well, we've had a few rainy days in a row here now, and as the leaves have already started turning, they've also started falling in the rain. We've had to dodge walnuts here for a little while now (which are baseball sized when they come off the tree), and leaves have been added to the mix. Remember that wet leaves can be very slick! An easy way to tell if they are wet or dry is to look in the mirror after you've driven over them, or even better watch a vehicle in front of you drive over them, and see if they float up afterward. If they stay stuck to the road, they're wet, but if they float, they're dry and not *as* slick.

Nevrfastenuf
September 26th, 2009, 02:49 PM
That is a great reminder :thumbup: I like looking at the colored leaves, but I would rather do it from a distance of many feet rather than a few inches after I have slid on a patch of wet ones.

littlemike
September 26th, 2009, 02:54 PM
I live in a somewhat dessert area and no trees around :(. But good advice thought to keep in mind :thumbup:

ScraitT
September 26th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Leaves falling and changing colors? Whats all that?

We have two colors of leaves...green on trees, and crunchy dead brown ones on the ground. Plus most of our leaves are about an inch long, not the size of your hand!

It's still 90 degree days here :) But unfortunately winter is around the corner with those frigid 70 degree days :mad:

ally99
September 26th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Great reminder. Guess I need to get the mountain rides outta my system before it gets too deep into fall...or at least take the corners with much more traction in reserve. Thanks!

emt250
September 27th, 2009, 04:05 PM
TY for the reminder. I'll keep it in mind.

karlosdajackal
September 28th, 2009, 02:22 AM
I could see them piled up on the side of the road on Saturday morning, and they where falling as I rode along. (Its about 15C/59F here) Apart from the safety issues, it looked awesome :cool:

We have lots of twisty roads with canopies of trees over them, sometimes its almost like entering a tunnel its so dark under those trees. About 4 weeks ago we had high winds and those roads where covered in broken branches. We are also getting some clear sky nights, so watch out for ice in the morning.

Stay safe everyone.

CC Cowboy
September 29th, 2009, 02:39 PM
I haven't noticed the leaves turning or falling off. We did get some rain lately.