View Full Version : Really nice black 07 250

Greg_E
September 28th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Not my listing but I have looked at this machine and talked to Trish (the owner)

http://syracuse.craigslist.org/mcy/1397040987.html

Couple of scratches in the sticker on the right lower, but didn't look like it went through the paint so you could fix it with a new sticker. Otherwise really nice with no mods. Still has a lien on it, but she will pay it off as soon as it sells (money from your hand to the bank's hand and lien release the opposite). Would probably be gone if she had some pictures up. Decided it would be a shame to do to this bike what I wanted to do to a 250 and started to look for something a little more beat or in the new 08/09 style for the bigger wheels.

Greg_E
September 29th, 2009, 02:03 PM
She update the listing yesterday with pics:

http://syracuse.craigslist.org/mcy/1397040987.html

Other than meeting her when I looked at it, I don't really know her. But the bike seemed to be pretty much perfect except for the mentioned sticker issue in the post above. No scratches on the exhaust on the right side and don't remember anything wrong with the bar end, so it went over very softly.

g21-30
September 29th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Looks nice! The bike does, also. You should go ahead and buy it (the bike)!

Greg_E
September 29th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Sent a deposit to Cleveland on a 2003 Buell XB9R with 6000 miles (in almost angelic white), so my money is done. Shouldn't have even spent this, but hoping it will improve my point of view. Been a long time since I've ridden. Helped my brother pick up a KLR650 back in August and started looking. Rode his KLR650 to his driving test last week (permit holders can not drive in the test area!), thankfully I'm finding that my skills are less rusty than I would have thought for the number of years past.

I just couldn't tear that 250 apart to do what I wanted. First thing would be tires, next exhaust, and next bodywork and all the while hunting for FI parts so that I could run a MicroSquirt system (and ram air induction, hense the body work). Decided I might as well get a beater, but even the beaters were listed for more money. Tried to talk a few guys down, but they are all idiots so I started clicking on a few other things, saw one of the Buells all dolled up in a complete black outfit and started reading about the chassis. Now it is almost a done deal. And yes I still fully plan to get the MicroSquirt DIY FI system running on the Buell, but the Buell is more than half way there already since it is an FI bike.

She told me to swing by on my Buell when I get it on the road because all her friends ride. Pretty sure the bike is located where her guy works so that it is easier to access while she is at work. She is selling because she has decided it is time to step up to something with more power. They all seem to be decent people so I thought I would try and help her get out from making payments all winter by listing it here.

Other things that I remember... She is at least the second owner, but I don't think the first owner did much of anything with it since it has/had around 2k miles when I looked at it. Tires looked good for stock. Carbs need to have the idle screws adjusted and probably shim the needles cause it is still stock. Ran well, suspension seemed good so the fork oil hasn't gone bad yet. No clunks or other assorted issues that I found.

The bad part is that we have about 2 decent weekends left for this season, so there is not much demand right now, even at the $2100 or best offer.