View Full Version : want to change photobucket images

pb3
July 29th, 2017, 08:16 PM
i want to change out all my photobucket images. it doesn't look like i can go into the original posts to edit? any thoughts?

Triple Jim
July 29th, 2017, 09:07 PM
Why can't you edit your posts?

Alex
July 29th, 2017, 11:44 PM
All posts lock at 60 days. There's no easy way to swap them all out automatically. If you have a few posts that need new links, put them together with the new links and PM me. One way is to just add duplicate posts at the end of the same thread and I can copy and paste them into the earlier ones.

pb3
July 30th, 2017, 05:58 AM
thanks. i'll likely do the latter. this site doesn't offer it's own hosting- i don't recognize a button it if it does?

Triple Jim
July 30th, 2017, 06:27 AM
This site does let you upload photos. You use the "manage attachments" button below the editing area.

pb3
July 30th, 2017, 06:49 AM
i found the attachments button, but there doesn't appear to be alot of space made available? is this the way to go, or should i use a image hosting site?

Alex
July 30th, 2017, 10:04 AM
Details in the sticky thread at the top of the pictures section:

https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5611

No essential limit to the number of pics / albums a user can create; have never had to raise the limit (but would if it became necessary). Pics are resized to a moderate size for web viewing, so they don't take a huge amount of space no matter how many there are. Set up an album, load as many pics as you want, add another album or albums if you want, repeat as necessary.

This forum software is pretty dated, so this is a little clunky. The newer xenforo boards I've set up do scrape the pictures no matter how they are loaded, and re-host them on the server itself. Makes for no "where did the pictures go?" threads over the long-term.