View Full Version : Modern Family on ABC

Alex
September 28th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Watch it. That is all. :D Cracked both myself and Annie up quite a few times. Here's a link (http://abc.go.com/shows/modern-family) to the main site for the show, and here's a direct link (http://abc.go.com/watch/modern-family/235331/235464/series-premiere) to watch the show premiere that was on last Wednesday.

istreefitty
September 28th, 2009, 11:57 PM
yes it was hilarious!!!! I liked the part where they were like "her nam is lily."
and the guy was like "wont that be hard for her to say!"

camaroz1985
September 29th, 2009, 06:37 AM
Yeah it was pretty funny.

OldGuy
September 29th, 2009, 11:38 AM
It will be great until the PC Police show up :(

Alex
September 29th, 2009, 11:46 AM
That's a good point, some of the humor is quite a bit past PC, but that's some of what it made it so entertaining and different than what's come before on network shows. Seems like shows like Arrested Development and others may have blazed enough of a trail for the writers to have quite a bit of leeway on this one.

The scene on the airplane in the pilot episode is a good example. It's so wrong on so many levels that it is fantastically hilarious. Great writing so far...

OldGuy
September 29th, 2009, 12:33 PM
In addition to the "loss of the nuclear family, values" etc [I promise not to go down that road one thing I think this country has lost is the ability to laugh at itself. So much of real life is so funny and I think that is what is making this show work.

Rowen and Martin were masters of that with Laugh In - and they were taking contemporary topics and doing 60 minutes of gut splinting comedy.

Can't wait for tomorrow night :popcorn:

Alex
October 1st, 2009, 05:33 PM
Last night's episode had me rolling. I love Cameron's character.

Overly cheery kiddie playcenter leader: "We're all taking turns blowing bubbles in the corner, why don't you join us"

Cameron: "How nice for.... (look straights at camera) ... the babies."

I had to pause it while I was laughing out loud for a minute or two.

camaroz1985
October 2nd, 2009, 05:54 AM
Yeah and his awkward dancing trying to "restrain himself".