View Full Version : Saw a motorcycle accident..BUT it was the other way around..

hybridxx
September 29th, 2009, 11:25 PM
Im on my break during work today..
I go out in my car and start listening to some music. Car is facing the street.
Its a main street with a lot of shop and stuff around so it gets kinda packed at times. I see a mother with her two children. I and girl (about 9 im guessing)
seems to be want to J walk across the street. I see cars coming and im thinking "no way this girl is planning on crossing right now"...sure enough she starts going...

here is where it gets trippy.
theres a guy on a cruiser bike.
and two other cars...one car was to his left and the other was behind him..(following ridiculously close). its a two lane street and the bike is on the right lane(next to sidewalk) girl walks right in front of em...:confused:

guy on the bike goes over to the left side of the lane..almost hitting the car to his left..but the girl managed to STILL get hit by the guy on the bike...:(
girl catches some air hits floor gets up like nothing. everybody around pulls over..guy on the bike backs up and walks to them. i mean, everything seems fine with the girl..but the guy on the bike looked like he was getting a lot of crap from everyone. One of the guys near the sidewalk came up to me and was telling me what happened and he saying "yea, the guy on the bike was going wayyyy to fast blah blah" pretty much making him sound like the bad guy. Cops and ambulance get there within minutes..it was to far for me to know what was going on..but it did look like the guy on the bike was getting a lot of crap. Im not sure what happened..I had to get back to work. I honestly think the guy on the bike saved the girl if anything..if he didnt hit her the guy tailgating like a mother****** wouldve done way more dmg.
From my point of view it looks like the guy coudn't have done anything.

If ur gonna j walk look for traffic people!!!!
and watch ur kids :mad:

Verus Cidere
September 29th, 2009, 11:34 PM
You should've gone and told the cops what really happened. My guess is, nobody but you actually saw what really happened and they blamed everything on the biker to feel important when the cops showed up. Sucks to be that guy though.

hybridxx
September 29th, 2009, 11:37 PM
yea i really do feel bad. I wanted to say and back him up..cuz i knew he was gonna be looked at as the bad guy just because he was on the bike. Anyone not on a bike sees a bike and thinks "bad" right away. Guy on the bike was going as fast as all the other cars. I wouldve stayed but I had to go back to work on boss was complaining =/. Hope the guy didnt get in trouble.

sombo
September 29th, 2009, 11:49 PM
You could always go down to the station and tell them you'd like to add your testimony to that accident report. That might help the guy and make you and all other bikers feel a bit better. At least that's what I would do.

Verus Cidere
September 29th, 2009, 11:56 PM
Wasn't trying to make you feel bad. Sorry about that. Just my initial impression. I know about cranky bosses, believe me. :rolleyes: Good idea Mike! I would never have thought of that. Of course, it's up to Hybrid.

hybridxx
September 30th, 2009, 12:04 AM
ohh wow, yea..good idea. Didnt think about that. Might just do that.
Just kinda frustrating you know? Whenever i hear anyone talk about people on motorcycles 80% of the time i hear pretty negative stuff. LIke for example this guy, since he was on a bike, everyone is probably gonna add about +20mph when they ask how fast they think he was going >.>'

Greg_E
September 30th, 2009, 07:28 AM
In New York you are required to give a statement when you witness an accident. Besides the guy on the bike could use a little backup. Having a tailgaiter takes all the options away.

Alex
September 30th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Call the police station and tell them what you told us. Might not change things much, but certainly couldn't hurt.

coffeecandy
September 30th, 2009, 11:03 AM
you really need to tell your side of the story to the police

tjkamper
September 30th, 2009, 11:56 AM
You could always go down to the station and tell them you'd like to add your testimony to that accident report. That might help the guy and make you and all other bikers feel a bit better. At least that's what I would do.

I'd deffinately to this. Or atleast call the station to see if you can add your testimony to the report.

Scipyo
September 30th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Definitely do what you can to get a message to the guy. I know if I were in his situation, I would hope someone would be on my side. Especially when whoever is in charge is going to hear "Biker hits poor little girl and tries to lie about it" and probably make up their mind right there.

tjkamper
September 30th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Poor Little Girl shouldn't be crossing the damn street outside the crosswalk. Mom should get a ticket.

OldGuy
September 30th, 2009, 02:47 PM

Call the police station and tell them what you told us. Might not change things much, but certainly couldn't hurt.

you really need to tell your side of the story to the police

Please follow up. You're going to feel like you know what if you read in the paper in a few days that somebody got fined/lost license etc when all the facts weren't in.

minuslars
September 30th, 2009, 04:09 PM
You have a civic duty and moral obligation to give your testimony as a witness when you're in a situation like this. That's my $0.02. The cops have drawn conclusions as soon as they pull up on the scene. They always immediately place the blame on the more exotic vehicle or the least white person. And as you can see, the general public is too thick to make logical observations as well. I can't tell you how many times I've seen this ****, and it makes me sick. Pardon my french.

randomwalk101
September 30th, 2009, 04:28 PM
yea i really do feel bad. I wanted to say and back him up..cuz i knew he was gonna be looked at as the bad guy just because he was on the bike. Anyone not on a bike sees a bike and thinks "bad" right away. Guy on the bike was going as fast as all the other cars. I wouldve stayed but I had to go back to work on boss was complaining =/. Hope the guy didnt get in trouble.

BS man...you late or work? so what, just call your boss and explain the situation and help the biker out. If your boss say no, then walk to the cop or biker, give them your phone # and tell them you're the witness and you saw the whole situation. Next time if you ever get into an accident with similar situation, just PRAY that you'll get a witness...but with your karma now, I don't know. :rolleyes:

UNSUBSCRIBED!!!

hybridxx
September 30th, 2009, 07:48 PM
well its because our boss is real anal when it comes to people coming back on time from their breaks. I went to the police station and did a report. I asked em to give me some information..to see what had happened to the guy(if anything), said he couldnt release that information blah blah. Did what i could tho.

Greg_E
September 30th, 2009, 08:33 PM
If your boss is a jerk, what you can do is give your name and info to the cop and tell him/her that your boss is a jerk and they will usually let you go and come talk to you at work or after work. Hard for your boss to be a jerk when the cop walks in and asks to see you for your statement. Your boss can be a jerk and tell the cop to go away, but you know he will gather tickets every time he starts his car.

Nickds7
September 30th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Good you went back and reported it.

Alex
September 30th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Alrighty folks, take it down a notch. Things will work themselves out, advice was given, and likely will end up how it should. Nothing will change the fact that the motorcyclist couldn't find a way to avoid hitting a pedestrian, seems too little responsibility is being laid on his shoulders IMO.

Verus Cidere
September 30th, 2009, 09:56 PM
I appreciate the fact that you did go to the station and gave a statement. Hopefully, if the court is involved, it'll be added in as evidence. Thank you for that, and a "good man" to you! :thumbup:

DarkNinja52
September 30th, 2009, 11:45 PM
unfortunate story for the biker and girl
glad you went to the police station though
i would hope that if i got blamed for somethign that wasn't my fault, that someone would stand up for the truth.
its good that you went, its the right thing to do, and besides.. its good karma (:

OldGuy
October 1st, 2009, 10:43 AM
I went to the police station and did a report.

Good move. Now, question for you. In replaying what you saw happen, IF you had been the biker what could you have done to prevent hitting the pedestrians? Think it through and file it away for future reference.

hybridxx
October 1st, 2009, 10:01 PM
i was actually thinking about that all night long after the incident..
What if..what if..
i honestly couldn't come up with anything..If the biker could have swerved to the right and missed her..the kid wouldve been hit by the car tailgating.
At that point all u can do is slam ur breaks and hope the guy behind you has some awesome breaks...? I really dont know..
What would've u guys done in the biker's position?

Tailgater on you.
Car to your left.
Two lane street. You are on the right one.