View Full Version : Help!!!!! Clutch cable needed!!!!!!!!!!!

MtnCruiser
September 30th, 2009, 09:20 AM
The clutch cable on my wifes 2004 250 Snapped last night and we are due to leave for Myrtle Beach tomorrow morning. I have checked every dealer that I could find between here (NE Ga) and Myrtle Beach and no one has one in stock and everyone says that it will be 3- 5 days before they can get one.

We are trailering the bikes but my wife will be really disappointed if she doesn't get to ride. If anyone in the area has a spare it would be greatly appreciated!!!!! We will be going up I85 to Greenville and then through Columbia SC.

Momaru
September 30th, 2009, 09:25 AM
I'm actually heading to Chapin, SC (not far from Columbia) this friday afternoon for the weekend. I'll poll my local dealers/supply places (and those I can find en route) and see what I can dig up, mebbe make an in-person delivery.

Momaru
September 30th, 2009, 10:05 AM
So, just called my 'local' go-to guys (Hillbilly Cycle Sales in Princeton, WV) and they've got one on hand. ~$30 with tax. Shall I pick it up for ya and plan on meeting somewhere in SC for delivery?

MtnCruiser
September 30th, 2009, 10:29 AM
So, just called my 'local' go-to guys (Hillbilly Cycle Sales in Princeton, WV) and they've got one on hand. ~$30 with tax. Shall I pick it up for ya and plan on meeting somewhere in SC for delivery?

Thanks for the offer but we finall found one!!! I just got off the phone with my wife and she finally found a dealer that has one that is not too terribly far off of our planned route so we will pick it up in the morning. Between the two of us we must have called 30 dealers and only found one in stock.

Momaru
September 30th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Awesome! Glad ya'll found one en route and hope the ride is smooth!

Oh, don't forget your tools, I did that once; expensive trip due to acquiring a spare set o' tools that weekend...

bobaab
October 1st, 2009, 11:30 AM
Apparently, you can use a clutch cable of similar length from a different bike. I've never done it, but this is advice I just got from someone. I had a dealership failure where they placed my order 5 days after I came in. Now...can you source me one around the Chicagoland area? ;)