View Full Version : His 'n' Hers

Hedge36
October 1st, 2009, 02:53 PM
... or, "One of these things is not like the other."

http://hedge36.smugmug.com/photos/667143303_wrWva-M.jpg

Introducing the Ninja Sport Tourer. Coming soon to a burgh near you.

rockNroll
October 1st, 2009, 03:29 PM
Hi!

Does the bead-lookin thing feel good on your butt?

Snake
October 1st, 2009, 04:43 PM
Now thats a nice pair. They look good together.

noche_caliente
October 1st, 2009, 04:50 PM
cute!

Hedge36
October 1st, 2009, 07:33 PM
Hi!

Does the bead-lookin thing feel good on your butt?

The BeadRider is damn cool. I've got the world's most bony ass, so there isn't a custom seat out there that lets me pull 1000 mile days without some discomfort. I've finally gotten to the point where CHANGE is the answer - stand up on the pegs, flip the beads back and forth, et cetera...

The advantage(s) of the bead rider: a bit more air circulation, and riding in torrential rain (which I do a lot) means the water drains off instead of forcing you to sit in a puddle for eight hours.

OldGuy
October 2nd, 2009, 08:30 AM
Look like fun - I'm assuming you let her draft off of you :rolleyes:

Hedge36
October 2nd, 2009, 08:34 AM
Look like fun - I'm assuming you let her draft off of you :rolleyes:

Actually, today will be her first chance to actually RIDE it after killing herself on mid-terms all week. You wouldn't believe the story behind how this thing came about.

Hedge36
October 3rd, 2009, 10:56 PM
Ta daaaaah.

http://hedge36.smugmug.com/photos/669363020_RPwum-M.jpg

http://hedge36.smugmug.com/photos/669363800_rnYHT-M.jpg

http://hedge36.smugmug.com/photos/669364703_RYfbW-M.jpg

http://hedge36.smugmug.com/photos/669364354_JWC3P-M.jpg

Busy day, another 500 miles. More riding with her next weekend and hopefully a better spread of photos.

rockNroll
October 4th, 2009, 05:33 AM
Sweet pix hedge, the in motion shots are great! I also see that you're #1 :thumbup:

noche_caliente
October 4th, 2009, 09:33 AM
looks like she's having a good time :) Beautiful eyes too - looks like she's a keeper!

Hedge36
October 4th, 2009, 09:39 AM
looks like she's having a good time :) Beautiful eyes too - looks like she's a keeper!

Oh, she's definitely a keeper. Now to convince her to want to be kept.

ninjabrewer
October 4th, 2009, 06:35 PM
OK, OK , OK I'll say it. Can you post more pics of her on her bike? uhhh, I 'm doing a study on the ergonomics of women riding motorcycles.

nb

Hedge36
October 4th, 2009, 06:38 PM
OK, OK , OK I'll say it. Can you post more pics of her on her bike? uhhh, I 'm doing a study on the ergonomics of women riding motorcycles.

nb

:D Back off, :leghump:er. Mine!

ninjabrewer
October 4th, 2009, 06:42 PM
awwl, .......please

Hedge36
October 4th, 2009, 06:43 PM
awwl, .......please

I'll be shooting more next weekend, with decent glass. She'd kill me for posting photos in general, so we'll see what she signs off on.

Grn99Kawi
October 4th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Very cute.. I agree on the great eyes.. (no disrespect of course)

But.. what does "Nirak" mean?

Hedge36
October 4th, 2009, 07:33 PM
That'd be "Karin" bassackwards.

You'll never get an argument from me on her eyes, that's for sure.

OldGuy
October 4th, 2009, 09:01 PM
awwl, .......please

Chris never has been very subtle :rolleyes: but he is a good guy.

Looking forward to more on how the rides go. It is interesting how a helmet let you focus on her beautiful eyes.

beowuff
October 7th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Wow... That's the EXACT pair of bikes I'd like to get in my garage... How do you like the GS compared to the 250? Apples and Oranges, I know, but I was just curious...

Hedge36
October 8th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Wow... That's the EXACT pair of bikes I'd like to get in my garage... How do you like the GS compared to the 250? Apples and Oranges, I know, but I was just curious...

That GS has been an amazing machine. It's the first bike I ever bought off the showroom floor, and is the 13th in a line of BMW boxers that's floated through my garage over the past twenty years. In 50,000 miles, the only times I haven't been the one turning wrenches on it were the 600 mile initial service and the warranty replacement of a weeping gearbox output shaft seal. It's a big heavy pig in a parking lot or when it takes an off-road dirt nap, especially with a full tank, but on the highway you'd be amazed at how it eats miles - comfortably - with a full load of gear on it... indeed, many a sport bike rider in northern California has had to do a double-take while being passed in the twisties by some big honkin' bike with huge aluminum side cases and a couple of roll-top duffles strapped across the back. In many ways the 1200 is a huge step forward from the 1150 it replaced.

The 250 Ninja is just a damn blast to ride. Comparing the two is difficult as I've only put 500 miles on the Ninja over the course of one day while wringing any potential bugs out of it during the delivery to Nirak, but those were some damn fun miles, to be sure. I approached that road trip with an anticipatory groan - a 250? A 250 sport bike? With that big-ass bag strapped across the back? Oh, this is gonna suuuuuuuck... but really, other than soft front forks causing a near tank-slapper during decel (I often lock the throttle on the GS and do some stretching, a bad idea on the Ninja with no throttle lock), the little bugger was amazingly comfortable and fun on the freeway - even though I felt a little folded in half riding it around.

The 250 is decidedly Nirak's bike, that's why I got it. But since I'm the wrench-turner, being here is part of my effort to stay on top of any issues - and I just might pick one up for myself when I get back to Dallas, just for something fun and light to scoot around on. I like it that much. If you can afford the GS, the Ninja is a great alternative to consider.