View Full Version : Bent footpegs, replace?

ASecretNinja
October 2nd, 2009, 10:05 PM
I need to replace some bent footpegs. Can I just slap the passenger pegs on the front and call it a day? I haven't had time to see if the connectors are the same.

Verus Cidere
October 2nd, 2009, 10:59 PM
I think there are things on the main footpegs that are missing on the rear ones. Pretty sure you have to order new ones, or some aftermarket ones that look a little sexier. You may not want those, but it's an option. :rolleyes:

ASecretNinja
October 3rd, 2009, 10:13 AM
That's not a bad idea. Anyone offer any testimonials on different aftermarket pegs? Much appreciated!

Edit: Comp Werkes, while sexy, are beyond how much im looking to spend. I'm currently looking at EMGOs. Thoughts?

New edit: Does Comp Werkes even make pegs for pre-gens? And I just read a review saying that EMGOs don't offer a lot of grip. I may just get a fooking OEM at this point.

Verus Cidere
October 3rd, 2009, 11:42 AM
I checked on the comp werkes site and it shows that they make footpegs for the 88-03 pregens, which basically means yes. If they fit those years, they fit all of the pregens. They're $55 from the site though. Check on ebay. You can probably find something that fits, looks fairly good, grips fairly well, and is quite a bit cheaper.

ASecretNinja
October 3rd, 2009, 11:27 PM
Was it $55 a pair? Cause I thought it was 55/per. That seemed pretty steep. Anyways I went with some Emgos, cause they're half the price. Hopefully they'll work out. Thanks for the help!

Verus Cidere
October 4th, 2009, 09:16 PM
No problem! :D

Grn99Kawi
October 5th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Why not just OEM replacements from something like ebay? The stockers are pretty decent.. and they have rubber on them to isolate much of the vibration.

Verus Cidere
October 5th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Looks are the issue in this thread I think.