View Full Version : Help Wanted: Fork Oil & Seals Replacement in San Jose, CA

rurugger
October 6th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Hi folks - I need to replace the seals and oil in the forks on my '05 250, but I don't think I'll be able to do it myself since I don't have a garage or all the necessary tools.
(I have done valves, rear suspension, etc myself before, so not mechanically inept).

Rather than going to the dealership, I figured I'd ask here first if anyone could help. Ideally some sort of arrangement where I ride to your place and we do work together; I'll be certainly willing to help with anything else you'd need done on your bike, as well as supply beer, pizza, or some sort of cash comp.

Let me know if you're within an hour or two of 95112 and can help!

kkim
October 6th, 2009, 11:18 AM
have you seen this DIY?
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23200

noche_caliente
October 6th, 2009, 03:24 PM
too bad you're on the wrong coast - my garage is always open to forum members, but I think the ride would be a bit too long for you :(

rurugger
October 6th, 2009, 03:29 PM
I understand the process, it's just that I don't have a garage to actually do the work.

krbreton
October 18th, 2009, 05:31 PM
I had missed this thread before. If you still need a place and a hand doing the work, and you're willing to ride up to my house in fremont, let me know. My wife is having a baby shower next weekend, but the weekend after (halloween) I should be free.

CZroe
October 18th, 2009, 10:39 PM
My fork seals are bad and I'm in the same situation (apartment parking space instead of garage) but lacking tools as well.

noche_caliente: Don't be so sure! Considering that I bought my bike a few miles from you then drove it to Georgia and then on to SoCal, I could just as "easily" repeat the 2,800mi trip! ;) Nah, I wouldn't risk a cross-country trip with bad fork seals. 24747 to 30263 to 92126 but via the I-10 corridor instead of I-20 (it was too cold for I-20).