View Full Version : Sea Foam = Miracle Worker

TreyE
October 7th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Hey just wanted to chime in to all that I did some research on dirty carbs and found out about more than one of you talking about Sea Foam. Well, I finally went and got some and INSTANTLY noticed a difference.

In the higher RPM's my engine would kind of struggle to keep steadily climbing but it has gotten immensely better. Just wanted to let those know who havent used it that its legit, and thanks to all who suggested it to others etc.:p

Trey

Syphen
October 7th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Yes. Seafoam is an amazing product. I will rant about it day in and day out. I also use it to stabilize fuel for over the winter here in Canada in my bikes, lawnmower and tractor. I have been using it as a fuel stabilizer for 5 years in bikes now and swear by the stuff.

Talonne
October 7th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Greg - where do you buy Seafoam? I tried Canadian Tire and a couple motorcycle dealerships, but they didn't have any.

Syphen
October 7th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Greg - where do you buy Seafoam? I tried Canadian Tire and a couple motorcycle dealerships, but they didn't have any.

Jessica, I usually buy it at Napa Autoparts. They usually carry it all the time. I checked and there is several in Calgary:

NAPA CALGARY - NORTH HILL
730 16th Avenue N.W.
Calgary, T2M 0J8

NAPA CALGARY - MAIN COUNTER
5530 3rd Street S.E.
Calgary, T2H 1J9

NAPA CALGARY - AIRWAYS
2727 23rd Street N.E.
Calgary, T2E 7M1

NAPA RANCHLANDS
7750 Ranchview Dr. N.W.
Calgary, T3G 1Y9

NAPA CALGARY - FOOTHILLS
6222 36th Street S.E.
Calgary, T2C 3J4

One of those shops will carry it or can order it in for you.

Talonne
October 7th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Thank you!

kkim
October 8th, 2009, 12:52 AM
yes... Seafoam! :thumbup:

http://pictureposter.audiworld.com/54666/seafoam.jpg

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q367/getsome777/BillyMays.jpg

you can also mix it 50-50 with some Kahlua for a great pick me up and a good intestinal cleaning, too. :D

http://www.drinkolic.com/photos/b-52.jpg

:puke:

TreyE
October 8th, 2009, 08:26 AM
yes... Seafoam! :thumbup:

http://pictureposter.audiworld.com/54666/seafoam.jpg

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q367/getsome777/BillyMays.jpg

you can also mix it 50-50 with some Kahlua for a great pick me up and a good intestinal cleaning, too. :D

http://www.drinkolic.com/photos/b-52.jpg

:puke:

hahaha nice pictures

Flashmonkey
October 8th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Yes. Seafoam is an amazing product. I will rant about it day in and day out. I also use it to stabilize fuel for over the winter here in Canada in my bikes, lawnmower and tractor. I have been using it as a fuel stabilizer for 5 years in bikes now and swear by the stuff.

Syphen, I'm actually going to try this out this year. I've used Sta-bil or the canadian tire equivalent in my cars in previous years, but had a bad experience with it gumming up the carbs in my 250 earlier this year. How much Seafoam do you typically use on a full tank of gas?

Alex
October 8th, 2009, 03:17 PM
I've never tried Seafoam, but I've never heard a bad thing about it online either. Makes me almost want to dump some in just to see what happens, even if I'm not having any issues at the moment. :)

rockNroll
October 8th, 2009, 03:48 PM
I've never heard a bad thing about it online either.

It's bitter.

TreyE
October 8th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Syphen, I'm actually going to try this out this year. I've used Sta-bil or the canadian tire equivalent in my cars in previous years, but had a bad experience with it gumming up the carbs in my 250 earlier this year. How much Seafoam do you typically use on a full tank of gas?

1 oz per 1 gallon.

Thats what it says on the bottle at least.

killerkay3
October 8th, 2009, 04:02 PM
interesting...i gotta get me some

Neema12
October 13th, 2009, 09:34 AM
I usually add about 4oz every few fill ups and I notice the bike takes less time to warm up on cold mornings.

boathead
November 15th, 2009, 12:06 PM
i'm a fan of seafoam. MANY swear the techron is even better. as far as winterizing a bike, i put some seafoam AND stabil in, run the bike to get the treated gas into the carbs, and then park it.

i'm also a fan of seafoam in the crankcase. i have a 1982 suzuki...god knows if the p.o. ever changed the oil. so i changed the oil, and was having great difficulty getting the bike into neutral. so i added some seafoam, ran the bike for 100 miles or so, and changed the oil again. it was black tar. the seafoam cleaned out all the oil passages, and cleared up the clutch. i've heard it recommended to NOT leave the seafoam in the oil for too long. put it in, run the bike hard for a day, and then swap it out.

i highly recommend it's use in the oil on any bike which has an undocumented service history.

edit: oh yeah, i know a guy who says he called the seafoam company...a techie their says it's ok in a wet clutch. all i know is it cleaned up my clutch and made it functional. never being able to find neutral is a PITA.

M
November 15th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Any product that retards water in the fuel system is good to use. Personally, I use Sta-bil year round with all my cycles. If the cycle is going to sit more than a week then the tank is topped off with fuel and Sta-bil added.

Seafoam does a good job with carbs that are marginally mucked up. However, they won't resolve seriously clogged jets.

ASecretNinja
December 19th, 2009, 03:28 PM
My bike has been having a little bit of a tough time warming up in the morning (50 degrees outsde temp) plus some soft spots through the RPM range. I wonder if this stuff is the cure?

ASecretNinja
December 24th, 2009, 01:57 PM
SO I got some sea foam just to see what happens. DO you guys just pour it in the gas tank? Or are you pouring it into the velocity stacks as well? That seems like a pain in the ass to do., i'd rather just run it in the gas tank. plz halp.

Snake
December 24th, 2009, 02:21 PM
You can do either one but I am like you and prefer to pour it in the gas tank. The ratio is 1 oz. per gallon of gas. I round up and put in 5 oz. fill up the tank and gor for a long ride.

ASecretNinja
December 24th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Cool brother, thanks. Will do it right now!

Snake
December 24th, 2009, 02:29 PM
No problem brother, anytime.

Slabrocks
January 16th, 2010, 09:08 PM
i having great difficulty getting the bike into neutral.

yesterday was the 1st time for me to ride my new ninjette, and i have the same problem. im sure this oil hasnt been changed in over a year and im sure 2 back to back oil changes will be cheaper than taking things apart to make it work better. thanks for the idea

lockie
January 17th, 2010, 09:48 PM
Hey.... has anyone ever used seafoam in a snowblower engine? Mine's a Yamaha 6hp.

kkim
January 17th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Are you having issues with it?

mrlmd
January 26th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Try also Berrymans 12. It's cheaper than Seafoam and many people think it works better.

Slabrocks
January 26th, 2010, 08:14 PM
I found both on the advanced auto website. the seafoam is $10 bucks for 16oz and the berrymans 12 is $3.59 for 15oz

the seafoam description goes into detail about putting it INSIDE the engine compartment. the berrymans mentions it, but not in near the detail.

$9.39 for the same can of seafoam at napa in indiana

jonthechron
January 26th, 2010, 10:48 PM
Has anyone tried this in thier MMT Turbine?

Does it help with RPM? Rev. past 52,000 RPM?

How well does it mix with Kerosene/Jet fuel?

Do you really feel like you have 320/420 HP on 2 wheels?

Can it make you fly?

Chubbs032
January 26th, 2010, 10:49 PM
^^^ Yes yes and more yes

jonthechron
January 26th, 2010, 11:16 PM
Oh Guy Mod! I BYE NOW

rockNroll
January 27th, 2010, 06:40 AM
Oh Guy Mod! I BYE NOW

My thoughts exactly!

mrlmd
January 27th, 2010, 08:36 AM
I found both on the advanced auto website. the seafoam is $10 bucks for 16oz and the berrymans 12 is $3.59 for 15oz

the seafoam description goes into detail about putting it INSIDE the engine compartment. the berrymans mentions it, but not in near the detail.

$9.39 for the same can of seafoam at napa in indiana

It gets mixed in with the gas in the proportion written on the can, usually something like 1 oz./gal of gas. It runs through the system and can clean out a gummy carb after a little while. It's a good idea to use the Berryman's every few tankfulls as a preventative measure to keep everything clean, depending on how much you ride, and how long the bike just sits in between rides, ie, how long the gas just sits in there. I use it on my 2 bikes every 3 or 4 fillups, and in my lawnmower once in a while, and it seems to keep everything clean and in good running order.
Warning - do not get this stuff dripped on the paint - it can remove paint pretty quickly if left sitting on it.

Slabrocks
January 27th, 2010, 01:22 PM
thanks marc for the advise about getting this stuff on the paint. i forgot about that.

what i was saying is that the seafoam talks on the bottle about being able to clean up the inner engine/ there the oil is and i feel that it was confirmed when another member said they put some in with the oil and changed the oil after about 100 miles. since the ninja only takes 2 quarts, its not a very expensive way to make sure things are "right" on the lower half.