View Full Version : Anyone near Azusa/Claremont/Walnut, CA area?

zev42
October 8th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Looking for some people within my local area who like to work on their bikes. I would love to do a few of the DIY's, but I would like some assistance, or someone to make sure I did the job correctly. :D

bztian
October 9th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Hi, I am Bob in Azusa, I did quite a lot of work on my bike, including adjusting the valves. I also have a lot of tools such as tire iron, bead breaker, torque wrenches, impact wrenches, etc. If you need help drop me a line.

zev42
October 10th, 2009, 12:23 AM
Hi Bob :-) I've been looking at the DIY on working on the carb needles. It doesn't look hard, but I'm willing to guess it's one of those things that aren't as easy as it may seem. I don't have any experience in working with a carburetor, let alone, a bike. :-(

kkim
October 10th, 2009, 01:17 AM
Hi, I am Bob in Azusa, I did quite a lot of work on my bike, including adjusting the valves. I also have a lot of tools such as tire iron, bead breaker, torque wrenches, impact wrenches, etc. If you need help drop me a line.
Way to go, Bob!! :thumbup:

bztian
October 10th, 2009, 07:39 AM
Well, Michelle, can you tell us why do you want to work on the carb? I was told that if you ride often, the carb should be fine. It is better to leave it stock as is. Are you thinking of rejetting because of some performance mod?

kkim
October 10th, 2009, 10:41 AM
most likely wants to shim the needles would be my guess. :)

zev42
October 10th, 2009, 04:33 PM
The reason why I wanted to have some work done on the carb is because the throttle is kind of "jerky" at low speeds.

bztian
October 11th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Well, it could be the throttle cables need adjustment/lube, or the chain is too loose. I would touch the carb after all else failed.