View Full Version : seat recovering ?

null0
October 8th, 2009, 09:13 PM
I had my seat recovered about a year ago and so far my jeans have managed to wear 5 holes in the material. Anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking about trying marine grade fabric like this? http://www.rochfordsupply.com/shop/Textiles/Snowmobile_Seat_Vinyl/AllSport/index.html

kkim
October 8th, 2009, 09:18 PM
PM Becky and see what she can do for you. :)

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27259

BlueTyke
October 9th, 2009, 09:20 AM
+1 For Custom Seat Creations! :D

Verus Cidere
October 10th, 2009, 01:36 AM
+100000 For CSC! :thumbup:

noche_caliente
October 12th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Yes! Get in touch with Becky!!! :D Her seats survive what the rest of the bike can't!

null0
October 12th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Yes! Get in touch with Becky!!! :D Her seats survive what the rest of the bike can't!
Current seat cover is a Custom Seat Creations Carbon Fiber Solid that couldn't survive a pair of Levi's. Looking for something more durable.

noche_caliente
October 13th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Have you tried contacting Becky about it? I'm sure she would work with you. And I highly doubt it is in that bad of shape after a pair of levi's.... did you see what we left of Becky's bike? Her seat was the only thing left!

Verus Cidere
October 13th, 2009, 10:13 PM
I wear jeans when I ride and haven't had any wear problems. I ride every day too. Maybe you just got some bad vinyl?

Custom Seat Creations
October 16th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Current seat cover is a Custom Seat Creations Carbon Fiber Solid that couldn't survive a pair of Levi's. Looking for something more durable.

Please post some close-up photos of your installed cover. The carbon fiber material is marine grade vinyl that will withstand up to -40 degrees. What conditions is the cover exposed to? I've honestly never seen the material worn down by a pair of jeans and am rather curious.

null0
January 3rd, 2010, 04:07 PM
Please post some close-up photos of your installed cover. The carbon fiber material is marine grade vinyl that will withstand up to -40 degrees. What conditions is the cover exposed to? I've honestly never seen the material worn down by a pair of jeans and am rather curious.
The conditions it was exposed to:
The bike is/was stored in a garage. I ride about 1000 miles a month in all weather conditions (wind/rain/heat/cold). We do not have freezing temperatures or snow in this part of California.

ASecretNinja
January 7th, 2010, 04:04 PM
The conditions it was exposed to:
The bike is/was stored in a garage. I ride about 1000 miles a month in all weather conditions (wind/rain/heat/cold). We do not have freezing temperatures or snow in this part of California.

That doesn't look like it had anything to do with the seat cover failing itself. Rather, the seat cover has rubbed up against the plastic frame of the seat due to a loss of foam. I can see the sharp ridge in the photo that aligns with the tears. You need to have your seat frame re-foamed, and have a new cover put on it.

null0
January 7th, 2010, 09:17 PM
There is no rubbing taking place between the seat cover and the foam. It's glued in place and stappled around the edges. The rubbing would be my jeans against the seat cover. This product is discontinued, fairly easy to figure out why.

tapdiggy
January 8th, 2010, 01:38 AM
That looks like a dragged tear. Is it possible something pointy or hooked caught the material and pulled? The straight-row pattern and crescent shape of the individual holes looks to have been caused in one quick event, and not over time. The analog would be a cat clawing a pleather sofa; initial penetration into the surface, then the claw is pulled rearward nearly parallel to the material as the claw lifts out and immediately recoils back into the surface several times rapidly in a linear path.