View Full Version : Race Ninja in Australia

skypig
February 2nd, 2018, 04:04 PM
I’ve joined the Ninja 300 ranks.

First ride.

I might be fat old and slow, but I intend on enjoying myself.

DannoXYZ
February 2nd, 2018, 04:20 PM
Welcome!

Doesn't matter how fat or slow you are, racing is so much fun!!! :)

skypig
February 2nd, 2018, 05:36 PM
Welcome!

Doesn't matter how fat or slow you are, racing is so much fun!!! :)

I agree. It keeps the adrenaline gland free, and working as designed.

I notice the Honda in your signature.
I have an 89 NSR250 I intend using in historic race meetings this year.
As well as a brand new Husky Supermoto.
MX is getting to be hard work...

pantera
February 4th, 2018, 01:02 PM
Welcome to the forum.

skypig
February 4th, 2018, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the welcome.
I don’t have much knowledge about these bikes, so hopefully I can gain some more here.

I’ve done a bit of road racing on my Supermoto bike, but this is my first road race bike. Rather than ease into it, I’ve entered one of the biggest race meets in the country for my first race. (And second ride on the bike).

If I don’t qualify, I’ll still get to watch the World Championship Superbike riders race. And the ex world champion Troy Bayliss make his comeback in the Australian series. I was in a Supermoto race with Troy last year. (To say I “raced” him would be an exaggeration.)

taz
February 7th, 2018, 08:00 AM
welcome and the bike looks nice

skypig
March 10th, 2018, 07:11 AM
Wow!
So much fun, and an incredible experience.
My first road race. (Not counting Supermoto.)
Might have been a little crazy to make it in a National Championship Race, at a round of a World Championship event, but I’m so glad I did.

Zaph42
March 10th, 2018, 08:07 AM
I might be fat old and slow, but I intend on enjoying myself.

I've gotta welcome a guy who sounds just like me. I wasn't really all that slow for an amateur, but here in the states in the midwest yellow plates are combined with the white plate experts, so I've never won a race.

Been on supermotos myself since 2011 and have long enjoyed the kart tracks before I got on the big tracks.

I've got to say I had way more fun racing than I did doing track days.

My old race bike build is over here (https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255929) if you want to compare notes. Though availability of some items and legality of mods in race classes might different than down under.

BretSV
November 26th, 2019, 05:05 PM
Cool paint