View Full Version : New Bike Purchase

nikos1965
February 6th, 2018, 06:24 PM
After about a month of searching for a good used Ninja 300 at a decent price with no luck, I went back to the dealer and negotiated a deal for a NEW 2017 Ninja 300 ABS and put down a deposit for it, balance due at the end of the month which means I could be riding in about 3 weeks!! Very exciting - my first brand new bike purchase. i paid about $1000 more to by new compared to a 2 year old bike with mileage, ALSO, a bonus from Kawasaki, any new bike purchased before end of February, FREE 2 year warranty. Might be CANADA only where im from not sure. Anyways glad to be here, no bike yet but very soon to be.

dcj13
February 6th, 2018, 07:53 PM
Cool!

Welcome, Nikos!

CaliGrrl
February 6th, 2018, 10:21 PM
Welcome!

Ram Jet
February 6th, 2018, 11:18 PM
After about a month of searching for a good used Ninja 300 at a decent price with no luck, I went back to the dealer and negotiated a deal for a NEW 2017 Ninja 300 ABS and put down a deposit for it, balance due at the end of the month which means I could be riding in about 3 weeks!! Very exciting - my first brand new bike purchase. i paid about $1000 more to by new compared to a 2 year old bike with mileage, ALSO, a bonus from Kawasaki, any new bike purchased before end of February, FREE 2 year warranty. Might be CANADA only where im from not sure. Anyways glad to be here, no bike yet but very soon to be.

Congratulations and welcome eh. The nice thing about a new bike is that you don't have to spend wads of money and time undoing the damage that the previous owner/nit wit did to it. New oil and filter at 500 miles and if it has one, check the filter screen. Oh, and buy a repair/service manual. I'm jealous!

Bill

taz
February 7th, 2018, 07:25 AM
welcome

skypig
February 7th, 2018, 07:44 AM
$1000 more is almost worth it for brand new tires, chain, sprockets and brake pads alone.

You have the opportunity to run it in correctly as well.
http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm
(Make your own mind up)

nikos1965
February 7th, 2018, 01:29 PM
thank you

DannoXYZ
February 7th, 2018, 02:24 PM
Great deal! Welcome to the club! :)

randycastell
February 7th, 2018, 04:57 PM
Very exciting news Nikos! Congratulations: You did the right thing. Here's to an early spring in Ontario. :-) Lots of great folks and folklore on this forum.

jcgss77
February 15th, 2018, 03:13 PM

I don't believe a bike was bought until we see some PICS!

And, congratulations on the bike, I would love to have ANY new Ninja!

maverick9611
February 15th, 2018, 03:22 PM
welcome to the party.

nikos1965
February 15th, 2018, 06:44 PM

Thank you sir. When I go and make final payment I will take some pics and post them here.

jonthechron
February 20th, 2018, 05:22 PM
Congrats!

JohnnyBravo
February 21st, 2018, 07:58 PM
Congrats

sharky nrk
February 22nd, 2018, 08:48 AM
congrats

nikos1965
March 1st, 2018, 06:51 PM

I am still awaiting delivery but here are some pics at the dealership

Ram Jet
March 1st, 2018, 07:57 PM

May the fleas of a thousand camels rest within your armpits. I'm jealous!

Bill

randycastell
March 2nd, 2018, 12:26 AM
White is the fastest color! Good choice. :-)

Abu_Mishary
March 2nd, 2018, 02:37 AM
ALSO, a bonus from Kawasaki, any new bike purchased before end of February, FREE 2 year warranty. Might be CANADA only where im from not sure. Anyways glad to be here, no bike yet but very soon to be.

I believe it depends on the authorized dealers' offer. Here in Malaysia almost all models are given 2 years warranty, or 20,000KM or whichever comes first.

Abu_Mishary
March 2nd, 2018, 02:39 AM

Beautiful bike! But I am not too fond of the IRC rubbers.