View Full Version : [visordown.com] - Kawasaki Ninja 400 top speed run

Ninjette Newsbot
February 8th, 2018, 10:22 AM
Click here for full story... (http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-videos/kawasaki-ninja-400-top-speed-run)

BretSV
November 26th, 2019, 05:08 PM
How fast?

JFMNINJA400
November 26th, 2019, 07:59 PM
I have hit the rev limiter in 5th gear at 118mph on the track a few times at NCBIKE. I am sure the 400 will do over 120mph with no problem in 6th gear.
Looking forward to going back in the spring of 2020!:thumbup:

Topaz
November 27th, 2019, 06:56 AM
It hit 195 kmh at some point, cluster speed.

jkv45
November 27th, 2019, 07:36 AM
I was expecting something more scientific and controlled like a racetrack and a calibrated speed trap - not just an"indicated" speed at night on a Thai hwy.

Indicated doesn't mean squat, but I'm sure it's topping out in the 120+ range.

JFMNINJA400
November 27th, 2019, 08:12 AM
I was expecting something more scientific and controlled like a racetrack and a calibrated speed trap - not just an"indicated" speed at night on a Thai hwy.

Indicated doesn't mean squat, but I'm sure it's topping out in the 120+ range.

Lol...

I wish there was some way a Speedo healer was available for the 400. I always had them on my Gixxers. I always did sprocket changes so a speedo healer was necessary. I got the healers dialed in pretty close to accurate. My favorite feature was recording the top speed with the press of a button. I would want one on the 400 just for that feature!

jkv45
November 27th, 2019, 10:38 AM
Lol...

I wish there was some way a Speedo healer was available for the 400. I always had them on my Gixxers. I always did sprocket changes so a speedo healer was necessary. I got the healers dialed in pretty close to accurate. My favorite feature was recording the top speed with the press of a button. I would want one on the 400 just for that feature!
I guess it would mean something if the speedo was calibrated accurately.

I can't think of anywhere around here I'd want to make a top speed run.

My dream is to run a Land Speed Racing (LSR) cycle at some point, but until then I don't have much interest in seeing how fast any of my cycles go.

Just not worth it.

Triple Jim
November 27th, 2019, 12:16 PM
I can't think of anywhere around here I'd want to make a top speed run.

There's a road not far from here that goes straight for a couple miles with nothing but woods on both sides. The trees are cut back about 75 feet on each side so you can see if deer are lurking, and there are no driveways or crossroads. Not that I'd ever break the law...

DannoXYZ
November 28th, 2019, 07:56 AM
Assuming similar +10% speedo optimism, that’s 110mph or 14mph faster than 250! Amazing!!! Can actually reach that on front-straight at Thunderhill. Although I think those guys have exhaust and ECU tune for 60bhp...

gantt
December 1st, 2019, 09:11 AM
Assuming similar +10% speedo optimism, that’s 110mph or 14mph faster than 250! Amazing!!! Can actually reach that on front-straight at Thunderhill. Although I think those guys have exhaust and ECU tune for 60bhp...

From what I’ve seen, you can’t get 60 hp from exhaust, tune and velocity stacks. With high compression pistons norton tunes them to 61 or 62 with race fuel. But I’m only speaking from things I have read about. No first hand knowledge

NinjaPony
September 26th, 2022, 12:09 AM
I have gone 124 on my 2021

CZroe
September 26th, 2022, 01:28 PM
Wonder what the ZX-4R is gonna pull…