View Full Version : Winter too soon

backinthesaddleagain
October 15th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Left work at 5pm (in Rhode Island). 36 degrees and raining. Stayed dry due to gear. Lifted face shield and bam frozen rain pelting my face. Rode last couple miles as straight up as possible afraid to even twitch my nose. Think ground was still warm therefore no slippery spots, but I guess next time it says 40 degrees and 30% chance of rain I will take the car.

Speedster
October 15th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Today was in the upper 30s and raining, so I took the car to work. Tomorrow in the 30s to 40s will ride the motorcycle if it is not raining.

Greg_E
October 15th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Started to snow here tonight.

ally99
October 15th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Tomorrow is our last trip until the Spring to the Smokies in NC and northward. So sad. :( Ally

bob706
October 15th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Snow? I think I saw that there stuff on the tv once. No seriously, snow sucks

250rinblack
October 15th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Hey why don't you all just pack up your gear and bikes and come down here?.....84F and fine and heading into summer :)

Just gotta dodge the smoke from the bushfires and the ocassional kangaroo though :D

revstriker
October 15th, 2009, 05:32 PM
I would cook in my gear every time I came to a stoplight.Took the bike to work this morning and it was a chilly 63 degrees. I wore my mesh jacket w/o the liner which made it feel a bit colder. On the way home it was about 70 so it was very comfortable.

I sure don't miss those triple digit days where it felt like

Nexion
October 15th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Snowing for 9 hours straight so far here, what the hell?

Cedilla
October 15th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Its in the low 50s high 40s right now, I most def need some new gloves, mine are mesh/leather and for being mesh on the top and leather in the fingers/palms they have really poor air flow, which sucked in the summer, but at least I use them in the fall.(just not comfortably) I also need to get a balaclava, pants, and boots. lol The only gear sutable for cold weather I got is my Scorpion Hat trick jacket. Its one size too big so I can layer up under it as well.

addy126
October 15th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Finally,, late this aft..... sunlight and 68degrees !!!!! Yesssss. Piug w/screen arrived late today took that opportunity to remove the stock and put on the Puig. 5 Min install and a breeze... did what it needed to do and noticed the improvement during that long awaited ride. It's been nothin but cloudy swampy type weather for weeks now!!! Broke out the textile jacket and life is good again!:thumbup:

backinthesaddleagain
October 15th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Man I just bought some cold weather gloves yesterday. Wore them this morning. It was cold out but dry and gloves were great. Hands were nice and warm. Then I ride home and am looking at parking lots and wondering if I should have to leave the bike in one for the night. glad that wasn't the case. Supposed to go on a group ride sunday, but forecast looks bad.

backinthesaddleagain
October 15th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Snowing for 9 hours straight so far here, what the hell?

What part of Ct?

RedNinja09
October 15th, 2009, 09:01 PM
These people saying the weather is in the upper 60's and 70's are making me sad. It has been raining and about 45 F for the past 3 weeks straight. I cant even remember the last time I rode. :(

I think it is suppose to warm up to a balmy 60F on Sunday. I think I will ride, probably for the last time this season.

k1prototype
October 15th, 2009, 10:04 PM
I just ordered some further winter gear to try to extend the riding season here in Chicago as long as I possibly can. I really dread the day I have to put the bike away for winter let alone the colder, wetter, and snowier weather.

P1NDLESK1N
October 15th, 2009, 10:31 PM
There was some snow outside the warehouse today at work. :smow:

Granted one of the guys just cleaned out the icebox. But still, I'm sure its not melting anytime soon.