View Full Version : 80 mile run in a Nor'Easter

backinthesaddleagain
October 18th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Went on an 80 mile run in a Nor'Easter to benefit Alzheimers Association. Ran from my local dealer in honor of his dad, a dealer since the 1950's who had the disease. Due to weather only 9 of us braved the elements. Though many more saw us off and met us at lunch at the end of the ride. Great twisty back roads but they were full of puddles, leaves, pine needles, and high wind. Got a bit sideways when my 250's rear wheel went wide and slid across a layer of pine needles. Thought it was going to drop, but kept the throttle smooth, stayed off the brakes, and dabbed a foot down. Only 250 ninja there, but there was also a Honda VTR 250 and a Kawi 250 dual purpose. Other bikes were an 1100 multistrada, FJ100, a few BMW, and a hawk vtr 650. The bigger bike riders commented on how well the various 250's did in that mess.

CC - if you read this we went down Frenchtown right by your old homestead.

JeffM
October 18th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Sounds like an exciting ride. Props to you and the other riders for commiting to the run. :thumbup:

backinthesaddleagain
October 19th, 2009, 05:33 AM
Yeah I am one up on some friends who went to see the Patriots game in the snow yesterday! Actually the guys laid out a great route, it is too bad mother nature didn't cooperate.