View Full Version : WTB: Replacement bulb. Upgraded to HID? Sell me your old bulb!

CZroe
October 22nd, 2009, 01:58 PM
I'm a cheap SOB, so rather than take the chance to upgrade, I'm going for a direct replacement... USED no less. ;) Yeah, used consumables are a bad idea, but I bought take-off tires too, so you know I'm a cheap-skate!

Don't throw it away! Make a few dollars off it. Let me know how much you'll part with it for... just undercut the new price by a good bit and I'll be happy.

EDIT: Found. Thanks!

adouglas
October 22nd, 2009, 02:19 PM
Wow... you ARE cheap! :D

A pair of H7s costs something like ten bucks (at least that's what Amazon is charging). Add in shipping and you might as well just head down to the local AdvancePepNAPAZone store.

CZroe
October 22nd, 2009, 02:27 PM
I just called Advanced Auto Parts... they're $14 for one. Screw that! ;)

eBay is $11.74 shipped for two quality German bulbs or $6 shipped for two 5,000K super-whites, etc, but if I can get $5 shipped for a single OEM pull or $9 for two (just to have a spare), I'll do it rather than buy overheating too-brright junk that'll end up costing me or overspend on premiums.

CZroe
October 23rd, 2009, 06:06 AM
Scratch that. They were over $16 for one... the cheapest brand they had. I got the 9003 of that brand a few months ago and it blew in less than THREE days... I'M NOT KIDDING. I didn't touch the bulb either (I know better).

Well, I guess I'd have to wait either way so, eBay, here I come...

Thanks anyway though.

On a positive note, I was able to remove and reinsert my blown bulb by reaching in from above. :thumbup:

empire00
October 24th, 2009, 10:04 AM
i will sell you both of my bulbs for 15 shipped. only have about 6hrs on them i replaced them almost immediately with hids

paterick4o8
October 24th, 2009, 02:36 PM
haha seriously if you're on a budget I'll sell you mine as well for cheap

overload
October 25th, 2009, 01:16 PM
What is a HID ?

CZroe
October 25th, 2009, 03:58 PM
i will sell you both of my bulbs for 15 shipped. only have about 6hrs on them i replaced them almost immediately with hids

Sorry. I'm cheap, but I couldn't even wait a day so I jumped on some quality eBay lamps. I'll note that to close the thread. Thanks though!

haha seriously if you're on a budget I'll sell you mine as well for cheap

Thanks for the offer. It was very fast, but not fast enough (I didn't want to get caught without a light).

What is a HID ?

Human Interface Device. ;)

J/K

It's a High Intensity Discharge lamp. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-intensity_discharge_lamp)