View Full Version : Fuel Gauges ?

overload
October 25th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Just curious if there is a fuel guage for the 08+ ninjettes ?

bob706
October 25th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Yes.

Alex
October 25th, 2009, 02:14 PM
For the carbed bikes yes, for the FI bikes no. I don't know which version of the ninjette is sold in Johannesburg; it varies by country.

CZroe
October 25th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Considering that he seems to have one, I'm willing to bet that they are FI and he is looking for a gauge add-on.

bob706
October 25th, 2009, 03:46 PM
For the carbed bikes yes, for the FI bikes no. I don't know which version of the ninjette is sold in Johannesburg; it varies by country.

I didnt see his location. He must have and FI 250.:)

overload
October 26th, 2009, 01:17 AM
Indeed it is a FI 250 and i'm too scared to go to my dealer to get ripped off !! jk , i'll go tomorrow and find out just thought one could buy it on ebay ?

SteveL
October 26th, 2009, 02:45 AM
You really don’t need the fuel gauge, on mine I set the trip and when I got to 350Km it was time to fill up some times the low warning light came on before but even then I still had 80Km left in the tank.

Steve

divingtigger
October 26th, 2009, 05:25 AM
If you want I have a spare set of gauges. The clear plastic for the gas gauge on the black housing is cracked but all the gauges work fine, you'd just need to find a new cover and you'd be set

CZroe
October 26th, 2009, 05:35 AM
If you want I have a spare set of gauges. The clear plastic for the gas gauge on the black housing is cracked but all the gauges work fine, you'd just need to find a new cover and you'd be set

I'm sure he'd need more than that... like the floater/petcock and whatever would make the temp light work.

overload
October 26th, 2009, 06:00 AM
Thanks guys
@ steve thanks i'm sitting on like 290 KM and the light jus came on but i've kinda been blasting at 8/8.5 RPM so i dunno ?
@everyone else thanks guys and its fine really the shipping is kinda gonna cost a bit :D

divingtigger
October 26th, 2009, 08:19 AM
I'm sure he'd need more than that... like the floater/petcock and whatever would make the temp light work.

I also have a spare tank in green as well (was going to replace mine then realized that the small dent doesn't bother me)

adouglas
October 26th, 2009, 08:23 AM
The fuel gauge is, frankly, useless. I'd much rather have a temp gauge.

Even if I fill the tank to the brim it never reads full, and it reads empty long before the tank is actually empty (not that I've ever run it dry, but when it hits E it only takes 3.3 US gallons or so to fill it back to the brim).

I'm tempted to yank the sender unit out and bend the arm, but it's not really worth the effort. I just ignore the darned thing.

overload
October 26th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Dunno it just kinda irritates me that i have to rely on an orange light that says "PING ! When i come on you have 4 Litres left in the tank !"

HKr1
October 26th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Dunno it just kinda irritates me that i have to rely on an orange light that says "PING ! When i come on you have 4 Litres left in the tank !"

Once you know how many miles till it comes on, you just reset the trip on fill up. Also after the fill up, you know how much was left in the tank. < Then you know how much further you can go after the lite.

Think its a much better deal for sure :)

CZroe
October 26th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Once you know how many miles till it comes on, you just reset the trip on fill up. Also after the fill up, you know how much was left in the tank. < Then you know how much further you can go after the lite.

Think its a much better deal for sure :)

I got 201miles without running out of gas on my last tank (first time I ever broke 200). I once ran out of gas completely at 117 miles. DO NOT TRUST THE ODOMETER! It's even worse than relying on the gauge! That said, my gauge still showed 1/4 a tank when I ran out and yet I got another 20miles on the lowest red mark yesterday.

HKr1
October 26th, 2009, 11:44 AM
^ You cant trust the ODO, or gauge. Sounds like Gods hands to me :)

CZroe
October 26th, 2009, 12:15 PM
^ You cant trust the ODO, or gauge. Sounds like Gods hands to me :)

Must have been. :D I was driving across the country so no one had the chance to curiously reset it without my knowledge (I had been riding it non-stop since the last fill-up). Even though that happened and I knew not to let it get down into the last quarter any time I'm over 110mi of freeway driving, I got deep into the last eighth in Texas when I was 50 miles away from the next service station and decided to turn around. That was, what, a day later? What changed? My only guess is FUEL. I've heard about stations pumping WAY too much ethanol ruining older engines. I think I encountered one.