View Full Version : Sports Leather Jacket

Kawasabi
November 6th, 2009, 08:01 AM
It seems like the only place to purchase one of these tailored fit track styled leather jackets (Spidi for example) is on line. Maybe there's a retailer with a store front somewhere that I don't know bout? Its kind of a bet to be putting down $500 for a jacket that you cannot try on first. Any ideas Comrades?

The local retailer that I know of only carry the ugly sh1t, I refuse to look like someone who just came back from an expedition in the Himalayas on my bike...... no offense but that Michelin Man look is :lolsign:

andrewexd
November 6th, 2009, 08:26 AM
cyclegear ?

Kawasabi
November 6th, 2009, 03:01 PM
cyclegear ?

Perhaps you didn't read my inquiry closely?? :confused:

250Rocket
November 6th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Man, your in NYC and there are no shops that carry it :eek: Try a motorcycle show. The one here in Montreal had just about everything, and it's a small show. Go early to get the deals and steals.

Got my Joe Rocket leather jacket for 265$ CND no taxes last January when regular price was like 500$ at the time. Saw and tried on a Spidi, was really nice but it was priced at 800$ :eek:

Greg_E
November 6th, 2009, 07:43 PM
There is a cycle show in NYC in the not too distant future.

Ichiro
November 6th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Motorcycle shows and dates: http://www.motorcycleshows.com/motorcycleshows/static/staticHtml.jsp?id=359253

HMB-ninja
November 7th, 2009, 03:56 AM
look up " tilt " racing or leather or something they make custom fit full leather track suits for around $400 i think u could probably get just a jacket

JeffM
November 7th, 2009, 08:50 AM
Try Spartan Leathers (http://spartanleathers.com/) Dave has a somewhat of a cult following and sells a great product based on all the happy reviews. He makes one and two piece suits and jackets.

Greg_E
November 7th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Tilt and Spartan both look real nice for the pricing.

revstriker
November 7th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Perhaps you didn't read my inquiry closely?? :confused:+1 on Cycle gear. There is a location in Edison NJ which is only about 40 miles from NYC.

There are also quite a few online stores (including cycle gear). I've ordered stuff (including a leather jacket) from Newenough and leatherup with no issues at all.

Kawasabi
November 9th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Thanks a million, I will chk out the up & coming show in Jan.