View Full Version : Daytona Bike Week 2019

Cafe Racer
March 1st, 2019, 08:31 AM
Next weekend starts Bike Week. Friday the 7th is the first day.

Plans are to go to the Daytona Raceway and ride factory Demo bikes.
Harley just gets you a bike of your choice and let you loose on the road course.
Indian puts you through a lecture about all their bike, makes you ride as a group with lots of rules.
Harley says go for it!
Indian says stay in line, no slingshotting, no passing, no sudden starts and stops, and by the way have fun.

Take a demo ride in a slingshot, look for a discount coupon for a new Dunlop tire, check out the Kawasaki’s, Honda’s, and about billion custom bikes.

Look for Farkles:bounce::bounce:

Daytona has many venues. Main Street, Rossmyers destination Daytona, all the venues on Route 1, several swap meets, many custom bike shows, the venue at Daytona Racetrack, races, cabbage wrestlers, and lots a bikinis.

I will be spending 4 or 5 days and still not see everything.

ducatiman
March 1st, 2019, 09:01 AM
Years ago, Daytona 200 attracted world class riders, involvement of manufacturer sponsorship, use of the full course, and "Speed Week" actually lasted a full week. Well attended too.

Sadly, economic, rule, sanctioning changes have brought this once world class, heavily attended event down to a shadow of its former self.

These days ask a guy on Main Street....hey you going to the race?
His answer will no doubt be ....."What Race?"

Cafe Racer
March 1st, 2019, 09:19 AM
Yep it was always BETTER ain’t the good old days:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

ducatiman
March 1st, 2019, 11:38 AM
in any event, hope you have a great time

Dave Wolfe
March 1st, 2019, 03:03 PM
I dont think i want to know about cabbage wrestlers.

ducatiman
March 1st, 2019, 03:31 PM
well, since you're interested http://www.cabbagepatchbar.com/

Must admit the place DOES create massive traffic jams, crowds...a bit south (10 miles?) of the speedway.

Bar, bands, free coleslaw too. :D

Cafe Racer
March 2nd, 2019, 06:50 AM
I watched a couple of matches on YouTube. That was enough for me.

Bike Week has hundreds of venues spread all over. If you go you need to make up a schedule or you will miss many events if you just drive around. I usually avoid Main Street except for one pass then I am out of town.

I spend a lot of time at the speedway test riding bikes. Looks like Yamaha is offering rides this year.

ducatiman
March 2nd, 2019, 07:36 AM
Daytona was built around racing on the beach long ago, the Speedway, NASCAR, Bike week, Main Street, activities all over. ....backbone to area businesses and local economy.

Undeniable Nascar is the big one, though. Major $$$ influx, hotels, restaurants full, etc etc.

backinthesaddleagain
March 8th, 2019, 07:50 PM
CC Cowboy Daytona report??