View Full Version : Which pants for Christmas?

lockie
November 16th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Well..... my lovely partner says she would like to buy me a pair of riding pants for Christmas. What a swell lassie.

So what should I get. I've got it narrowed down to two.

REV'IT Dakar pants $240 US
http://assets0.revzilla.com/product_images/0010/8583/REV_IT_Dakar_Pants_Light_Grey-Black_zoom.jpg?1235160610

or the First Gear TPG $225 US

http://www.kneedraggers.com/image_storage/c/6f/c6fae51df447499e20c17fe34a64e4c7_rough.jpg

Any advice before I get out the VISA card?

Snake
November 16th, 2009, 08:48 PM
My vote is the first gear pants.

ninjabrewer
November 16th, 2009, 09:40 PM
I would second that, but you would look SO sexy in those white pants :eek:

jk, I don't know much about either one, but the first gear I have heard of the brand more.

nb

ztrack157
November 16th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Title of thread is misleading. I was expecting red and green with fluffy white trim.

andrewexd
November 16th, 2009, 10:33 PM
if you're spending over 200 I would get leather.... but out of the two, I would pick the 2nd one.

lockie
November 17th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Chris..

I tend to agree about leather but I can't seem to find a pair at a good price that are good for touring.

Snake
November 17th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Any advice before I get out the VISA card?

Wait I thought your wife was going to buy them for you. Why are you having to get out the Visa card? :confused:

DEXSPEED
November 17th, 2009, 01:17 PM
which ever offers better protection

noche_caliente
November 17th, 2009, 02:16 PM
First Gear has some quality issues that seem to be hit or miss, for that reason I would stay away from them. I don't know that I would want silver pants either though. I know you said you have them narrowed down to those two, but have you looked into any of the Tourmaster or Fieldsheer pants? WebBikeWorld has some great reviews on both.

welcome2thedawn
November 18th, 2009, 01:03 AM
i love the rev'it stuff i have...very comfortable and seems well made....my vote for the dakars!

addy126
November 18th, 2009, 10:34 AM
I think the Revit Silver pant looks too "Elvis" front and back (motorcyclesupertore) has both views. I have noticed that it comes in black which looks much better and will keep the "dirt" from being noticeable.

Some of those Revit pieces look real sexy on men and women by the way.:thumbup:

Greg_E
November 18th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Revit has a better selection of long/tall garments (as well as short garments). I'm trying to track down some info on a Revit 2 piece set since it seems like the only way I'll be able to do anything without going full custom. The price difference between the high end Revit and custom will not be very much. I'm looking for a textile set for normal ride to work stuff, in the summer when I'm out messing around I'll use my old AGV 1 piece leathers and probably finally buy a back pro for them.

Greg_E
November 18th, 2009, 11:09 AM
I'm thinking maybe the Cayenne pants and jacket for me. Seem like a good combination of features for an early spring through most of summer and into late fall ride to work set. Kind of a l lot to swallow though at about $700 for the set which contradicts my statement above about price of custom vs. off the rack.

I would definitely suggest getting a jacket that can be zipped together with whatever pants you get. This helps prevent the jacket from slipping up and exposing skin in a slide, something that you will want to prevent at all costs.

addy126
November 18th, 2009, 01:16 PM
I'm thinking maybe the Cayenne pants and jacket for me.

Greg now those revit pants have just enuff splash of white to look interesting... good choice:thumbup:

Greg_E
November 18th, 2009, 01:39 PM
The pants are discontinued and not available in my size:(

My saga continues. Still no refund from my Teiz suit yet either.