View Full Version : Need help dead bike

Samahorn
May 11th, 2019, 11:32 PM
So I’ve recently decided to take my 2003 ninja 250 and turn it into more of a streetfighter / cafe style bike. I stripped it down , road it while is was stripped, decided it needed clip ons , so I ordered them. Install went smooth ( or so I thought ) it was running literally the second before I installed the new bars. Now the bike it completely lifeless, turn the key. Nothing. Push the start. Nothing. No dash lights, no oil lights. I replaced all the fuses. Nothing. Even tried Jump starting thinking maybe I just left the key on. Nothing. I looked for pinched wires and couldn’t find anything. Any advice would help. Really trying to avoid taking it to the shop. Considering the labor is like 120 an hour. Thank you !

csmith12
May 12th, 2019, 07:08 AM
Welcome,

Did you check the main fuse?

Samahorn
May 12th, 2019, 10:03 AM
Where would that be located ?

csmith12
May 12th, 2019, 10:14 AM
This should help...

https://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/How_to_check_the_fuses

Hope it's an easy fix for ya.

Samahorn
May 12th, 2019, 12:10 PM
So it was the main fuse, but as soon a I put a new one it it blew as well

csmith12
May 12th, 2019, 12:20 PM
Something is definately shorting out.

1st, make double sure you connected the battery properly. + is red, - negative. :) Then, move to the throttle side and double check your wires going to the switches. If need be, take it apart and replace the fuse. If nothing blows, then you know for sure your issue is there.

Samahorn
May 12th, 2019, 01:26 PM
Redid battery connections and bought new fuses , running like a champ. Thanks so much for your help

Triple Jim
May 12th, 2019, 01:31 PM
Was the battery connected backwards?

Samahorn
May 12th, 2019, 02:59 PM
Not at all. Just undid the connections and tightened them back up.

Triple Jim
May 12th, 2019, 03:55 PM
Huh... that doesn't explain a blown fuse. You may have an intermittent short circuit that will show up again.

Ducati999
June 4th, 2019, 10:27 PM
Huh... that doesn't explain a blown fuse. You may have an intermittent short circuit that will show up again.

I agree with tripple Jim, you need to check if you damaged any of the wires up front when you added the triple clamps or something else.