View Full Version : Ohio Mini Roadracing League 2019

snot
May 28th, 2019, 06:04 PM
Little late but... For those interested in racing for cheap.
I am at most races and sometimes work in the corners corners.

https://omrlmoto.com/

snot
May 28th, 2019, 06:09 PM
Our bikes

Ducati999
June 4th, 2019, 10:30 PM
Wish I lived closer! I even bought an 80cc Kawasaki with the thought of making a mortard racer but wife made me sell it. That series of tracks looks like so much fun

snot
June 7th, 2019, 05:54 PM
Wish I lived closer! I even bought an 80cc Kawasaki with the thought of making a mortard racer but wife made me sell it. That series of tracks looks like so much fun

How far is Eaton Ohio from you? We will be there next weekend.
We are going to PIRC at the end of the month.

Ducati999
June 30th, 2019, 06:58 PM
How far is Eaton Ohio from you? We will be there next weekend.
We are going to PIRC at the end of the month.

Sorry for the delay in response, I have soooo much going on right now.
Mid O race track is 10 hours from home for me so I would have to guess Eaton Ohio would be around the same + or - an hour or 2 as I am not sure where Eaton is in relation to Mid O. I can't see me being able to make that hike this year as we are leaving the country for a month at the end of Sept, but I am trying to plan a trip out that way for next year if possible. I may have an opportunity to go to Ireland and watch some of their "Real Road Racing " series on the streets next to my wife's, nephews house! I will let you know if I am able to make a trip out as I would really love to try some of the tracks in that series on a small displacement bike. Would they allow an NSR250? I should have mine by then:thumbup:

Sirref
July 1st, 2019, 08:08 AM
Dang, looked like pirc was the closest round to me and I missed it already. Minis are tons of fun

Ninja Bob
July 2nd, 2019, 07:51 PM
Is this ideal for someone who's never been on a track?

snot
July 4th, 2019, 07:54 AM
Is this ideal for someone who's never been on a track?

Depends on skill level. You can always come and watch for free. You can also run in the practice sessions, usually the day before to get a feel for the other riders.

snot
July 4th, 2019, 07:59 AM
Dang, looked like pirc was the closest round to me and I missed it already. Minis are tons of fun

Can still go to Adkins. PIRC was a blast, there was a few other races too. The big track had a Race and they set-up the parking lot for autocross.

mjn76
July 15th, 2019, 02:03 PM
you are sooo lucky to have a class/series like this. I wish we had something like this out by Chicago still. I looks like it would give a great opportunity to get the kids/family started. maybe get another Jody B. in the ranks.

Zaph42
July 15th, 2019, 05:36 PM
you are sooo lucky to have a class/series like this. I wish we had something like this out by Chicago still. I looks like it would give a great opportunity to get the kids/family started. maybe get another Jody B. in the ranks.

Well you're not too far from the Road America Motorplex.

Schedule here: https://www.roadamerica.com/media/wysiwyg/2019_Open_Track_Day_Schedule_1.pdf

Not much for weekend open days but if you can make it up here its a fun track. I run my Z125 there.

Dave Wolfe
July 15th, 2019, 05:47 PM
There is a racing league in illinois: central illinois mini moto theyve got a facebook page

mjn76
July 15th, 2019, 06:28 PM
Dave.
I will have to look into that. I have briefly spoke to bruce about the old Northwood group but I think he said it was no more.
Zaph-
I have done road America on large bikes and cars but it has been a while and the track is so large it is almost boring, especially in a car. I honestly can not imagine doing it on a small bike.

snot
July 15th, 2019, 06:35 PM
There is a 9 year old that lapped the entire field at PIRC. He was racing in F1 and F2 classes.
He was amazing, he has a 190 and 160 (I think) he is racing at PIRC at the end of August in the EBC Superbike class to the Liqui-Moly Junior Cup class. He dragged his elbow for the first time that weekend.
Gavin Anthony started with OMRL.