View Full Version : Great forum service

2fiddy-trackpair
May 29th, 2019, 09:07 AM
I wasn't sure where to post this so it seemed like this was the best section in the forum. I recently pulled out my 09 250R to get it finished up. I had all the parts for it to complete my build but never found time to put it together until now. Anyway, I cleaned the carbs and was installing the Factory Pro jet kit. The carbs needed a good cleaning and I decided to split them. Not thinking about the o-rings for the fuel tube and vent tube tee, I ordered all the parts other than those. The o-rings were dried and cracked. If anyone has ever had to replace those parts they know that you can not get just the o-rings and Kawasaki wants a crazy amount for the complete tube assembly. I reached out to Gordon (Ducatiman) to see if he would sell me just the o-rings. Without hesitation, and not allowing me to pay for anything, he mailed me the 2 sets of o-rings. This is the kind of people and service that makes this forum great. I just wanted to give a shout out to him for his help. The bike is complete now and runs like a swiss watch.

Triple Jim
May 29th, 2019, 09:52 AM
I had the same experience with ducatiman when I needed some bowl gaskets. Since then I've sent my pregen carbs to him for a full refurb, and while I thought it ran pretty well before, now I'm absolutely amazed at how much better it runs.

ducatiman
May 29th, 2019, 05:13 PM
fiddy and TJ , thank you both for kind words.

DannoXYZ
May 30th, 2019, 02:49 PM
Yeah! Go Gordon!!! :clapping::thumbup:

Ducati999
June 4th, 2019, 10:15 PM
Not to down play the generosity of ducatiman, I want to add a great cheap source that all bike owners should know. Harbor Freight sells sets of Vinton "O"-rings for $10. They have metric kits with multiple sizes that I have found of fairly good quality. I have used them on my Ducati's fuel systems for years now with no issues. The first 2 o-rings I used for the fuel quick disconnects saved me more than the price of the kit and now I not only have several spares but many other sizes just in case.

ducatiman
June 5th, 2019, 06:10 AM
Intrigued, I checked, but not one oring in the HF generic kit has any correct size application in EX250 Keihin CVK carbs.

I suppose good to have for other uses...but there are just so many sizes a $10 kit can cover.