View Full Version : Bay Area Mellow Group Ride Saturday, December 19, 2009 Capitola Beach Run!

coffeecandy
November 21st, 2009, 01:20 PM
Start address: Spartan Gas Station
498 S 4th St, San Jose, CA
San Jose, CA 95112

End address: Firehouse at Lexington Reservoir
Click for map of route (http://tinyurl.com/ykzchw8)

Pace: Mellow to spirited. will have 2 groups depending on the need for the 2nd faster group and turn out.

Meeting Date and Time: Saturday, December 19, 2009 at 10:30am

Kick stands Up (KSU): Saturday, December 19, 2009 at 10:45am (If there is a big turn out expect to leave 10-15 mins after to fit into a group)

Groups: No more than 7 people per group including leads and sweeps. Any volunteers who have experience leading and sweeping?

Length of ride: 75 miles total

You: Leather Jacket + leather gloves (mechanix gloves is a no no) or more if you prefer but you will not come riding in sandals and/or shorts which also includes your 2-up partner in the back seat. A good attitude and any motorcycle. Cars are welcome but they will stay in the very back to sweep. I will be there in full gear which includes textile pants, leather jacket, leather gloves, and boots.

Bike: Tire Pressure is checked and filled if necessary and you have more than enough tire tread to make it through this ride. Bike is in mechanically sound condition.

Regrouping: We will have predetermined spots to stop and if you feel you need to move up/down a spot, please notify your lead and sweep in your original group then arrange to move up/down a group with the other lead and sweep.

Route: Spartan Gas Station to Saratoga 76 gas station to 9 to 1 to Capitola Beach to Pizza My Heart to Soquel San Jose Rd to Summit to Old Santa Cruz highway Click for map of route (http://tinyurl.com/ykzchw8)

see you there

Alex
November 22nd, 2009, 07:39 AM
Fun route! :thumbup:

lunerkid
December 12th, 2009, 10:18 PM
*Turns out I am staying up Northstar for the weekend and wont be down to go on this ride =(.

bob
December 16th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Looks like the weather will be fine. :thumbup:
I'm in.