View Full Version : Just bought a $120 SparX helmet...

NorCal_250R
November 22nd, 2009, 04:02 PM
and it is amazing for the price.

This is the S-07...got mine in last year's Stryder Org design...

Very light, even though it is a thermoplastic shell...almost as light as my HJC Carbon AC-12.
Inner liner is comfortable...breathes very well...liner is fully removable and washable...also has deep pockets at the ears for speakers...
Helmets have a 5 year warranty on all parts and a free replacement if you crash....
I have had HJC's, Scorpions, Shoei's, AGV's...
and this is the nicest helmet I have had for the money...
The top vents don't close, but I never close mine.
The visor has little flip up vents on the top, like the Arai's do for anti-fog...
Paint job is very good, feels like a $500 helmet...
Full DOT and ECE standards (higher than even Snell 2010...)
That is all...

BlueRaven
November 22nd, 2009, 04:08 PM
pics?

NorCal_250R
November 23rd, 2009, 11:58 AM
Pics added...

CZroe
November 23rd, 2009, 02:43 PM
I want to check one out. Where do they sell them?

subiegy2010
November 23rd, 2009, 05:02 PM
http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/sparx/s-07/

NorCal_250R
November 23rd, 2009, 11:46 PM
This place even has a few on crazy closeout prices...I like the Griffin and the Cobra models...who the hell would want Che on their helmet?

http://www.helmetexpress.com/brand.cfm/fid/414?gclid=CMi7tKOEo54CFRcjawodCUUolA

Nickds7
November 23rd, 2009, 11:51 PM
That does look like a nice line of helmets. I'm split on if I like their general style of graphics though. There does seem to be a good number of lower cost helmets out there that are high quality, and most importantly, protect your head.

While on the subject of high quality helmets for the cost, I'm a fan of some of the KBC helmets. I picked up a passenger kbc helmet for $70, and I'm really impressed... all my passengers comment on how amazingly comfortable it is.

addy126
November 24th, 2009, 07:32 AM
While on the subject of high quality helmets for the cost, I'm a fan of some of the KBC helmets. I picked up a passenger kbc helmet for $70, and I'm really impressed... all my passengers comment on how amazingly comfortable it is.

It's true Nick... In my collection the KBC Vr2 Assassin is truly cushy comfortable with very little buffeting if at all. Is light and very quiet. I was impressed. Now I'm into my Shoei RF1000 for now even tho it is noisier than the Assassin:thumbup: That Vr2 is a great helmet tho.

Snake
November 24th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Good looking helmet.

tc3jg
November 24th, 2009, 04:00 PM
yep they are nice ive got one myself

NorCal_250R
November 24th, 2009, 09:52 PM
SparX is made by KBC. Same factories, same company. But most reviews have said that the SparX helmets meet or exceed the KBC helmets their parent company make...

Scipyo
November 24th, 2009, 11:19 PM
looks great! I don't think I'll be getting rid of my Shoei anytime soon, but the price seems about right for a good backup helmet.

CZroe
November 25th, 2009, 10:18 AM
I really need to see it in-person to see if my Bluetooth helmet kit will fit. Who carries these at retail?

NorCal_250R
November 25th, 2009, 10:32 AM
The helmets seem to run about 1/2 a size too small...so the Medium fits me real good, but with no room to spare for any electronics...but a Large probably would have still fit, but left a nice pocket for the speakers and such...that is what my HJC AC-12 will be for...street riding with the Cardo...while the SparX will be my Race/Track helmet, as the safety standards on the SparX actually EXCEED the Snell M2009 that my HJC has...

Just check their site for vendors, worst case, buy one of the cheaper clearance helmets in the $75 range, and have it be your backup or bluetooth only unit...

God I sound like a paid advertiser...I should get them to sponser me or something...

CZroe
November 25th, 2009, 10:46 AM
In my case it has more to do with beng able to slide the mounting piece between the outer shell and the inner padding, so I'd still need to look at it. :( Thanks for the good explanation though.