View Full Version : New to me - 2006 650R

Kalivos
November 22nd, 2009, 10:11 PM
Hi there. So after doing a lot of test rides, I decided to settle on a used 650R. I like the Ninja 250's, and plan to get one in the future for taking on mountain roads and general fun with. But right now my commute to work is about 5-10 minutes on the freeway each day and I like the power range the 650 gives me.

I bought it used with 8k miles and a scrape on the left side fender from being dropped in a parking lot. Has a two brothers exhaust and lower handle bars. Very nice to ride, I'm loving it already.

Bought it Saturday afternoon, rode it home 60 miles, loved it. This afternoon went for a ride, came home, and ran into my old arch nemesis, gravel.

I park in the backyard, as that's where my garage is. Well to get back there you pull into a little drive way in the back that has some pavement and some gravel, and a gate you have to manually open. So I pulled in, came to a stop and put my leg down and heeeey, slipped in some gravel. Down goes the bike, but with my holding on to it and trying to keep it up with my knee. I had to slowly let it touch down and shut it off. Then had the joy of picking it back up and getting it down right. Small scratch on the side, nothing bad. I ****ing hate gravel.

Other than that though, no issues. Rawr. I'll probably stay around on these forums as they're very useful and educational. And they'll be better when I do eventually grab a 250.

CRXTrek
November 23rd, 2009, 10:00 AM
sad to hear about the drop,good luck with the bike :thumbup:
PICS ???

Kalivos
November 23rd, 2009, 12:57 PM
Pics are coming soon. :)

Snake
November 23rd, 2009, 04:58 PM
Yes please post pics.

Grn99Kawi
November 23rd, 2009, 06:40 PM
definately need some pics! I like the 650R.. just not sure about teh sound of the parallel twin.. especially with an aftermarket pipe.

rockNroll
November 24th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Pics are coming soon. :)

Without pics... it never happened :p