View Full Version : Allergy/Pollution Masks for riding?

Ninja Rob
August 22nd, 2019, 07:57 AM
Anyone recommend any? Mainly for the allergies in the air. Looking for a mask that I can use under the helmet, not any pills or medications. Just a mask.

Ninja Rob
August 22nd, 2019, 07:58 AM
Anyone recommend any? Mainly for the allergies in the air. Looking for a mask that I can use under the helmet, not any pills or medications. Just a mask.

Ralgha
August 22nd, 2019, 09:24 AM
I'm interested to find out if there are any effective masks too.

Ninja Rob
August 22nd, 2019, 12:49 PM
I accidently posted the thread twice. How I delete the other one?

csmith12
August 22nd, 2019, 06:28 PM
you can't, but Alex can

Ninja Rob
August 22nd, 2019, 06:39 PM
How do you @ someone?

nocturncal
August 22nd, 2019, 09:34 PM
I've used the Respro City Mask with moderate success. Hardest thing is keeping the seal around your nose and under your chin while under the helmet, and this one worked decently.

I've also been able to fit a disposable N95 mask with my helmet, but I have a modular helmet so it's got a little extra chin room

http://respro.com/store/product/city-mask

Side note: It gets hot as hell with the mask on.

tfkrocks
August 23rd, 2019, 05:15 PM
I use the RZ Mask. Worked great when there was tons of wildfire smoke in my area. Outside of that incident, I don't use it all the time out of laziness and currently just use it for longer trips. I feel like it helps with the general nastiness on the highway so it'll probably help with the allergies. They have lighter-weight, more breathable versions of both the masks and the replaceable filters.

Koala
August 24th, 2019, 02:05 AM
I use the RZ Mask. Worked great when there was tons of wildfire smoke in my area. Outside of that incident, I don't use it all the time out of laziness and currently just use it for longer trips. I feel like it helps with the general nastiness on the highway so it'll probably help with the allergies. They have lighter-weight, more breathable versions of both the masks and the replaceable filters.

I keep seeing these advertised on Facebook. Do they get a good seal? I have a 3m mask for work, but my face must be oddly shaped. On any size it takes several minutes of screwing around with it to get it to seal.

tfkrocks
August 24th, 2019, 03:49 AM
I keep seeing these advertised on Facebook. Do they get a good seal? I have a 3m mask for work, but my face must be oddly shaped. On any size it takes several minutes of screwing around with it to get it to seal.

Was better than the standard basic style masks for me since I have a small face. The shape certainly works better with a helmet in my opinion. I don't really expect anything less than a respirator with a rubber gasket to seal that well though.

DannoXYZ
August 26th, 2019, 01:12 AM
Perhaps it may be easier to seal helmet to neck. Then add filter to helmet?

Ninja Rob
August 26th, 2019, 07:59 AM
Could be a good idea actually.
Also I have seen these but they're $40.00

https://www.vogmask.com/products/black-vmc2v

tfkrocks
August 26th, 2019, 02:13 PM
Perhaps it may be easier to seal helmet to neck. Then add filter to helmet?

That seems like the most complicated solution lol. Way more variables to deal with.

tfkrocks
August 26th, 2019, 02:15 PM
Could be a good idea actually.
Also I have seen these but they're $40.00

https://www.vogmask.com/products/black-vmc2v

That just looks like a way less secured version of the Respro or RZ style masks to me

Hexadecimus
August 29th, 2019, 04:28 PM
Most allergens are going to be too small to filter out effectively. Good luck