View Full Version : Recommendations on Overpants?

untdavid
November 29th, 2009, 10:21 AM
I'm looking for a good set of overpants that I can wear to work over my regular wear. My wife says I can get a early Christmas present. So here are my options.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/ProductImages/300/2008_Scorpion_Deuce_Pants_Black.jpg
Scorpion Deuce Overpants

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/ProductImages/OG/2008_Icon_ARC_Pants_Stealth_633398139561467915.jpg
Icon Arc Textile Overpants

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/ProductImages/OG/2008_Icon_Automag_Leather_Overpant_Black.jpg
Icon Automag Overpants

I'm really leaning toward the Icon Automag Overpants. I think the leather is going to give me better protection, but I also have to account that I live in TX. 100+ degree temps are the norm in the summer time. I also have to factor in Cost. The Automag is double the cost of the other pants.

Anyone have any of these pants personally that can give me a review on them? I'd like to hear your opinion pros/cons. I'm also concerned about the FIT. Any help is much appreciated :)

David

Greg_E
November 29th, 2009, 02:24 PM
My Toumaster Flex are pretty decent and get down to a mesh pant for when it gets really hot. So far works pretty well in the cold, have to wait many moths before I can try in the hot around here. I also have the Flex 2 jacket which is pretty decent, but seems to allow a lot of air to flow through even with the liners in and the water resistant cover on, probably be good for you though since the temps on average are warmer.

DEXSPEED
November 29th, 2009, 05:09 PM
i have the tourmaster caliber look into it.

addy126
November 29th, 2009, 05:16 PM
David... I like the looks of the Scorp Deuce. Don't have them but tried a pair on last year. The fit is nice, I like the meshing option for Texas, and as I recall the length is not outlandish. I like those Icon Leathers but again being black and leather its gonna be real warm even in the spring. Dec Jan and Feb is all you cud wear them in I believe. Keep in mind any overpant feels like snow pants anyhow.

ninjabrewer
November 29th, 2009, 11:17 PM
I have the Deuce pants, they are comfortable in the socal summer and I rode with them up to the Palomar Observatory today and there was snow on the ground there. I did have the liner in and I was wearing jeans under them. So far, I am happy with them, but, thankfully, I have not tested them. They have a zipper on the sides and so does the liner, and they have armor in the knees and hips. These I would buy again.

nb

g21-30
November 30th, 2009, 11:56 AM
I have the Deuce pants with the liner (for wet weather) and wear insulated pants beneath them into the 40 degree temps. Last winter I wore multiple layers beneath leather pants. As mentioned, the Deuce has knee and hip armor.

OldGuy
November 30th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Take a look at the TourMaster Flex - you can go three ways; mesh, rain liner, cold weather liner or combinations. I've worn mine from 100 deg to 15 deg and have not had an issue.

Sailariel
November 30th, 2009, 01:19 PM
I have had the Icon Arc for two years and they are comfortable in the summer and cold. They are not waterproof but will keep you dry in anything but a downpour.