View Full Version : ACH is reopened

diablo250
December 1st, 2009, 10:43 PM
I just went up to check out Angeles Crest highway today and it's looking good. Asphalt looks new, although there is some small debris/large rocks in the road. I couldn't help but notice the ice signs on my way up, and sure enough, just past the 5000ft elevation sign I came upon snow. I didn't get all the way up to Newcomb's ranch because I was freezing my bum off. Socal 250's, lets get up to newcombs for some eats soon.

fjyang
December 2nd, 2009, 12:31 AM
Thanks Mike! for checking, I think its about time they reopen that hwy. After all the rumors its official I guess and we better layer our cloth for the weather. Got my battery already so lets ride!

Rexbo
December 2nd, 2009, 01:17 PM
I've never ridden it... I'd be up for a nice cruise

ninjabrewer
December 2nd, 2009, 09:37 PM
Just my luck, I have to leave and they reopen ACH. :mad:
But I did get to do a few of the other kewl rides in the area.

But I hate not being able to ride ACH just once more. :Cry:
But it is like Lays chips, can't have just one. :thumbup:

nb

craha
December 3rd, 2009, 12:14 AM
Hi all, great news! Can't wait.

I actually tried on the 22nd and unfortunately got turned away by heavy police and firefighter presence. Turns out that was the day two SUVs went up in flames in that area, two separate events. Saw it later on the news. Terrible accidents but not connected to ACH, they were on the 210. One right under the overpass.

At any rate, I've been itching to ride up there since the fires and will definitely give it a shot this weekend. Thanks for the info!

Jester
December 8th, 2009, 05:06 PM
Be careful, it's cold and as diablo said, there's already snow. I have already been told of a rider high-siding last weekend due to what I can only guess was road and tire temperature. His bike was ran over by oncoming traffic but he was okay.