View Full Version : custom build?

t-cab12
January 6th, 2020, 08:54 AM
anyone on here custom build their racks that would want to do the same for me?

there are pretty much no aftermarket racks available anymore, all discontinued etc. Wanting to mount a givi top box. thoughts?

t-cab12
January 6th, 2020, 08:55 AM
forgot to mention it is a 2008

DannoXYZ
January 6th, 2020, 10:32 AM
I'm in process of building one. Need to take look at nocturncal's rack and help him fix it. Then I'll have some design ideas for my own.

SibSerge
January 7th, 2020, 04:45 AM
Can you fit the Alu Rack for 2007 model with some hacking ? I was still able to get one from twisted throttle about a month ago.

DannoXYZ
January 7th, 2020, 12:05 PM
Can you fit the Alu Rack for 2007 model with some hacking ? I was still able to get one from twisted throttle about a month ago.

Can you post photo of this rack?

Most likely will not fit new-gen as mounting-points are completely different. Pre-gen has handy bolt-holes under strap-hooks, as well as under frame-tubing where passenger-pegs/muffler hanger attaches. Nothing like that exists on new-gen frame.

SibSerge
January 7th, 2020, 03:51 PM
Can you post photo of this rack?

Most likely will not fit new-gen as mounting-points are completely different. Pre-gen has handy bolt-holes under strap-hooks, as well as under frame-tubing where passenger-pegs/muffler hanger attaches. Nothing like that exists on new-gen frame.

It will not work out of the box then. It is built from multiple parts however so the plate might be reused

DannoXYZ
January 8th, 2020, 10:39 AM
Here's some info and pictures of new-gen racks.
https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=336281

BAZININJA
January 11th, 2020, 10:14 PM
Just found this one for my sort of "adopted son" who bought my '08 250R:

https://www.twistedthrottle.com/givi-fz4107-topcase-rack-to-fit-givi-monolock-or-monokey-topcases-for-kawasaki-ninja-250r-08-12

The customer service guys at Twisted Throttle are AWESOME!!! They'll make sure you get the right stuff to fit your bike. The guy who helped set me up with the right luggage for my N300 was on the phone with me for an hour and a half, listening to my blubbering about my N1K crash (it had only been a couple weeks, so all those feelings were still really fresh). He was super-cool!!!