View Full Version : anality

dbotos
December 8th, 2009, 10:52 AM
I successfully un-crimped the factory bullet connector pins from the rear turn signal wires and re-crimped them onto the wires of the Asian Cycle sockets that I'll be putting in the housings on either side of the tail light. Planning to do similar with the front turn signals. I guess I could paint the red wires gray and put a yellow stripe on the black ones if I wanted to be really anal. :D

sktrs_kpr
December 8th, 2009, 11:01 AM
haha... nice.
I just cut/spliced the ends of my stock wires on. Not quite as pretty but I'm sure it was a lot faster ;)

You ride the parkway up through central VA much? I've rode the section from Lynchburg to Roanoke several times... its a super nice ride!

dbotos
December 8th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Thanks.

I rode from Christiansburg to Lexington one time with some fellow riders from work back when I had my R6 and we picked up the Parkway in Roanoke. It is very nice.

nate-bama
December 23rd, 2009, 04:25 PM
you could have used two zip ties, took the len's off your stock signals, and not had to cut anything! and saved a few bucks! I like your clean up look!

sixer
January 7th, 2010, 10:42 PM
so asian cycle is safe to buy from?? I look but was scared to purchase - what lights did you buy? im looking for some rears but not super small blinkers- in cali i think theyr illegal- hows the shipping? take forever?

dbotos
January 8th, 2010, 07:10 AM
Yup - they came highly recommended from many people. These are the two sets I got:

http://asiancycle.com/Home/tabid/199/ProductID/9/Default.aspx

http://asiancycle.com/Home/tabid/199/ProductID/1/Default.aspx

Plus, you get a cool box in the mail from Thailand. :D Shipping wasn't too long - a few weeks - might be quicker since you're in Cali.

tjkamper
January 8th, 2010, 08:49 AM
You can buy heat shrink wire jackets in grey. It is a tube you slide the wires through tand then take a hair dryer to it and it will look almost factory.

Hunsy34
February 21st, 2010, 11:11 PM
Anyone check out D2 moto and look at their rear turn signals and front flush mount turn signals? Just wondering what quality they were.

Richy_T
February 28th, 2010, 05:45 PM
I just bought the smoke rear turn signals lenses that came with the sockets. The lenses look good but sockets are a waste of time. You can't get bulbs that are appropriate for them.

Hunsy34
February 28th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Asian cycle store just reopened and I bought my flush mount turn signals and rear lenses and sockets from there. Sorry to hear that Richy t but thanks for the heads up.

Richy_T
March 1st, 2010, 11:32 AM
They were from Volar motorsport. The issue is that they have stepped pins but single contact. You can get bulbs in double contact with stepped pins and single contact with straight pins but I haven't been able to find ones that fit that socket. I ended up buying some double sockets from O'Reilly's and will be installing those.

Edit: Just noticed I have a "350ex" better change that before everyone starts asking me where they can get one :D