View Full Version : rear end cleanup / weight loss

dbotos
December 9th, 2009, 07:30 PM
-full stainless Muzzy exhaust system
-chopped stock fender (left enough to mount plate)
-Asian Cycle turn signal lenses / sockets
-shaving grab bar (not quite done yet)
-removed left side passenger foot peg and bracket
-removed right side passenger foot peg and chopped handle from bracket
-removed fold-out hooks (going to shave interior plastic, back-patch, fill, and paint)

dbotos
December 9th, 2009, 07:31 PM
duh, it would help if I attached the pics...

Snake
December 9th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Great job! Looks good! :thumbup:

bob706
December 9th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Looks great. Very clean. Love the Muzzy :thumbup:

Grn99Kawi
December 9th, 2009, 08:14 PM
I would have kept the grab bar to be honest.. I like the way it finishes off the back. The flip up hooks are so handy that I hope you dont miss them.. but from a looks perspective I can see why you wanted to remove them... I believe that they do help to hold the rear plastic on a bit.

dbotos
December 10th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Thanks. I've been enjoying the bike since I got it back in October, but wanted to make it a little more sporty looking. The Muzzy system is significantly lighter, not that loud, and opens up the left side of the bike visually and for chain maintenance. I never used the flip-out hooks plus I wasn't too fond of their appearance, so that was a no-brainer to delete those. Hopefuly I won't miss the grab bar too much. I guess I could always pick up a used one cheaply or make some kind of tuck-away rope/webbing version if I feel I need one. Going to finish installing the Asian Cycle front flushmounts today and probably start painting the windshield silver. If this cold weather keeps up, I'll be starting on the orange bodywork soon too. Color scheme will be similar to this:

http://www.mag-knight.com/images/Orange%20ZX6r.JPG

nate-bama
December 10th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Nice dave

noche_caliente
December 10th, 2009, 04:02 PM
I think you're going to have a good-looking bike :) Have you seen the yellow one at go-race?

dbotos
December 11th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Thanks. Not that I'm in the market for another bike right now, but what year is that yellow one?

dbotos
December 12th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Here's a better shot of the whole bike. Got the Asian Cycle front flush mounts installed yesterday. Windshield is off for painting (rode it to work that way yesterday). Will probably do the fairing hardware and flush mounts in body color when I paint.

Momaru
December 14th, 2009, 06:31 PM
The yellow one @ Go-Race is an '04, but apparently they've got a '95 and 1-2 other pre-gens floating around their showroom at the moment. Their inventory is large for good reason; they want $2200 for the yellow '04 and the rest are similarly overpriced.

mikesova
September 17th, 2010, 07:25 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't mind the rear fender?

Ninja Nut
January 6th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't mind the rear fender?

Yes...LOL :rolleyes: