View Full Version : Clip one, or no?

Munitoris
May 16th, 2020, 10:37 AM
Replacing handlebars, just wondering some opinions on wether clip ons are a good option for a ninja 300 or not, and why

DannoXYZ
May 17th, 2020, 01:11 AM
Hi Mike and welcome to Ninjette!!! :wave:

Some questions to clarify:

1. Why are you replacing bars? Bent in crash?
2. Do you want to change your riding position?

Munitoris
May 17th, 2020, 08:16 AM
Laid it down, left bar wound up bent. However I had previously considered changing riding position. Just didn't have the excuse

DannoXYZ
May 17th, 2020, 10:31 AM
3. What change in riding position do you want? More upright? Lower? More forward?

Here's thread with photos: https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=343108

Aftermarket clip-ons typically have an angle to the bars. So you can mount them aiming downwards for a racy position. Or aim them upwards and they would be close to flat across for more upright position. Still lower than stock about 1". You can also adjust the rotation on fork back & forth.

BoBO
May 20th, 2020, 09:41 PM
For me, I prefer the Woodcraft Clipons over stock setup w/ Yoshi rear set adapters. It's a little more aggressive feeling than the stock 250 setup. It's nowhere near the R1/R6 setup. In other words, you will still be comfy on rides.

It will make the 250/300 feel like a little Supersport bike. After installing clips on my 250 I ended up riding my little bike more than my R1 and eventually sold the bigger bike. Don't get me wrong I love liter bikes and their capabilities but I promised myself I would never sell my 250 it will stay with me forever or within the family.