View Full Version : Had to Lay it Down!

Ralgha
August 24th, 2020, 10:01 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0J9iXzeRNc

Sometimes it's a legitimate excuse!

Alex
August 24th, 2020, 11:47 AM
Mav didn't even have to lay it down, just had to gently step off it. :) (at 140 mph!)

DannoXYZ
August 24th, 2020, 01:48 PM
Wow!!! :eek::clapping:

Zaph42
August 24th, 2020, 03:02 PM
I have to say I'm impressed. He gently and cleanly got off his bike safely. There should be a school course called how to exit your bike at high speeds. Of course, there's only one lesson and then you go home with your bike on a flatbed. :D

Many years back, I was impressed by another crash by Iannone. I watched it in slow motion about 30 times - the lesson is this: give yourself a low side while your bike takes the high side.

There is definite skill to crashing.

CC Cowboy
August 24th, 2020, 03:52 PM
Best ad I've seen for Alpinestars leathers

Ralgha
August 24th, 2020, 06:50 PM
I can't tell if his airbag deployed, it doesn't really look like it did, but I'm not sure. Alpinestars would have to have some magical software to deploy for that "easy" dismount.

Misti
August 25th, 2020, 07:49 AM
I have to say I'm impressed. He gently and cleanly got off his bike safely. There should be a school course called how to exit your bike at high speeds. Of course, there's only one lesson and then you go home with your bike on a flatbed. :D

Many years back, I was impressed by another crash by Iannone. I watched it in slow motion about 30 times - the lesson is this: give yourself a low side while your bike takes the high side.

There is definite skill to crashing.

Ha! A school for how to exit your bike at high speeds! That would be a good one :dancecool::dancecool:

I remember having a wicked tank slapper and deciding I was just going to jump off the bike, when I let go of the handlebars, the tank slapper stopped completely- it was a good lesson (and I'm glad I didn't complete the dismount) :p