View Full Version : Vendor/group buy section?

silver_bullet
December 24th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Some of the other forums I'm on have a vendor/group buy section. This may be useful on this forum instead of having such vendors as Sportisi in the for sale section.

This is just a suggestion and may also help the vendors out.

ztrack157
December 24th, 2009, 05:18 PM
I had asked long ago for such a section. But Alex told me it was Ok to play in the classifieds. Thus I have one offical thread and only start others if its something of importance or an actual classified. I use to post new threads rather frequently in there about 4 a month average over the last 3 months (14 total I think). But now I have tried to limit the threads I start to avoid some clutter.

Alex
December 24th, 2009, 05:28 PM
I realized that Ztrack was getting good attention in the classfieds, so I changed it to "marketplace", as a gathering place for both vendors and individuals buying and selling. I'm not so hot on a completely separate sponsors/vendors section, only because I don't want to make this site overly commercial. Maybe it's a fine line, and perhaps that wouldn't change a thing. If Matt, Richard, Kerry, Becky, and others feel strongly that their businesses would be helped if they had their own section (in addition to being able to post in the marketplace, and run banner ads as some of them are already doing), I could likely be convinced. I just don't see the real need, though... :idunno:

ztrack157
December 24th, 2009, 05:41 PM
^ thats where I'm at I am now content with the way it is.