View Full Version : Smoking O2 sensor

Azn400
September 13th, 2020, 04:50 PM
So white smoke comes out of O2 sensor after 2 minutes of idling. Bike is 2019 and has about 760 miles. What could be the issue here, team ninjette?

DannoXYZ
September 13th, 2020, 06:54 PM
Hi Duc & welcome to Ninjette! :wave:

White smoke is usually coolant. Typically from cracked head or blown headgasket.

Does it come out of body of O2-sensor? Or the threads? Or out end where wires are? Any white smoke out tailpipe?

Does white smoke come out anywhere after bike’s fully warmed up (about 10-15 min)?

Azn400
September 13th, 2020, 07:49 PM
Hello,

The smoke comes out where the crush washer meets the header. So I think it’s the thread. It will come out normally 1-2 minutes after starting up. The washer looks a little rusted.

I’ll check the tail pipe tomorrow.

DannoXYZ
September 18th, 2020, 07:47 AM
Azn400
Any more news on this smoking?
Forgot to mention to check if O2-sensor is fully tightened. Might want to remove, replace crush-washer and re-install.

Azn400
September 18th, 2020, 12:44 PM
No white smokes from tail pipe. It could be sitting for a while and burned off the old gas. After refueling with no-ethanol gas, it runs fine. I still smell some smoke but not like before. You might be right about replacing the crush-washer. Thank you.

InvisiBill
September 18th, 2020, 03:08 PM
I don't see any traces of coolant from above in your pic, but check out Cylinder coolant seal issues to make sure you don't have a leak there.