View Full Version : New England - Canada Ninjette Event 2010

silver_bullet
December 26th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Ok so my new member thread has gotten a couple of us thinking that we should do a group ride.

Does anybody have ideas for a meeting/destination? We have some great rides here in Maine but I'm not sure with such a wide area with the New England states and Canada the distance that everybody feels comfortable riding.

We should also set forth some guidelines. I'd rather we bring everybody back in the same condition that they left. My YZF forum lost a member at Tail of the Dragon this year. He was a great rider just riding a little too fast for conditions.

Anybodys input whether you plan on making the event or not will be appreciated.

-Seth

CC Cowboy
January 25th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Kanamangus

backinthesaddleagain
January 25th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Kanamangus

That would be cool to hear the 250s buzzing up the Kanc. I always thought it would be cool to blast from the Lincoln side to the high point and back on a shifter cart.

CC Cowboy
January 25th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Greg, the shifter karts were just here over the Christmas Holidays. They do the banking. There is also a short track and a new dirt track at DIS.

The bikes will be here soon.

Gotta get rid of the redneck roundabout first.

backinthesaddleagain
January 25th, 2010, 02:44 PM
I remember being at the loudon mx track in the 80's before they expanded the speedway, and we would go over to the fence and watch whatever was running that weekend (cars, bikes, karts). Someone just told me W Greenwich or Exeter used to have a kart track. I don't remember it.

CC Cowboy
February 2nd, 2010, 01:14 PM
I remember being at the loudon mx track in the 80's before they expanded the speedway, and we would go over to the fence and watch whatever was running that weekend (cars, bikes, karts). Someone just told me W Greenwich or Exeter used to have a kart track. I don't remember it.

Greg, before they had track days you could go to the old Loudon (if you had a race license) and practice during the week. They let everyone on the track at the same time (bikes, karts, stockcars, sports cars). If was wicked dangerous.

backinthesaddleagain
February 2nd, 2010, 01:23 PM
Greg, before they had track days you could go to the old Loudon (if you had a race license) and practice during the week. They let everyone on the track at the same time (bikes, karts, stockcars, sports cars). If was wicked dangerous.

Wow that is crazy. A HS friend of mine's dad rode (his team won) the Baja 500 senior class a couple years ago. My friend said if you aren't faster on a bike than the truck behind you, you better move over or get run over.

silver_bullet
February 15th, 2010, 07:21 PM
So I don't have a ninjette anymore but we have two 600R's. I'd still like to do a group ride though. Anyone still planning on going?

BlueRaven
February 16th, 2010, 04:03 PM
I still plan on going to the Atlanticade festival in St Andrews, NB Canada near the US border on the holiday weekend in July.

silver_bullet
February 28th, 2010, 05:58 PM
I'd love to do that but I'll be in upstate NY that weekend. Maybe next year :(