View Full Version : Tuned my Jetting with an EGA

Ninja Nut
December 31st, 2009, 01:57 PM
Well, I wanted to run my Muzzy full system again but the bike was not running to good with it. That's until now...I pick up an EGA "electronic gas analyzer" or sniffer as it's called. I found a used EGA at a pawn shop the other day for $25 the guy said, if it don't work for me I could return it. Well it worked like a charm I could use it as I went down the road to see were I was running. Turns out I'm running a little rich at idle to 4K way too lean mid-range 5K to 7K and rich on top 8.5K to 12.5K. I had a small surge @ 5K then it would feel ok to red line. After making a few run's with the EGA I took out the Keihin 110's and put the 108's in. Took it out for a spin Top end was good running 13.5 mid was too lean almost 15.8 low end was 12 to 12.5.

Next I added one 4mm washer at a time until I hit 13.8 to 14.5 ended up with three washers mid is very strong bike now pulls like its got NOS LOL. After that I tuned the A/F screws the best it would idle at was 13.2. So I took it out again for a test ride yea it's pouring rain out but what the hell....All I can say is This meter ROCKS!!!! My bike has never ran this good with the Muzzy before!

sharky nrk
December 31st, 2009, 02:14 PM
you got a damn wideband for $25?? Great freaking score

Ninja Nut
December 31st, 2009, 02:31 PM
I know :lol: I tried to get him down to $15 :D

bdavison
December 31st, 2009, 02:32 PM
I gotta start checking the pawn shops more often...sheesh.
Those things are $3 grand new...Northern has some cheapo ones for $300 bucks.

kkim
December 31st, 2009, 02:48 PM
can you give us the make and model of the EGA you used?

Momaru
December 31st, 2009, 03:01 PM
Very sweet find there amigo!

Sounds like you've got your bike all dialed in now so... no more use for it right? Any chance you'd consider loaning it to some fellow forum members? :eyebrows:

OldGuy
December 31st, 2009, 03:02 PM

Oh Oh sounds like Kelly has a new toy on the wish list - :rolleyes:

Ninja Nut
December 31st, 2009, 03:50 PM

It's made by Penske I dont see a model # though.

randomwalk101
January 2nd, 2010, 03:12 PM
gonna sell it after your bike is tunned? :D

Snake
January 2nd, 2010, 03:32 PM
How about renting it out to members? you could have them pay a deposit that is reffunded after you recieve the EGA back.

Momaru
January 2nd, 2010, 06:45 PM
How about renting it out to members? you could have them pay a deposit that is reffunded after you recieve the EGA back.

If Ninja Nut is amenable to that, sounds like a grand idea!

Alternately, I found this little DIY if someone's really dedicated to getting some EGA. Unfortunately you still need to get an O2 sensor into the exhaust system somewhere...

http://www.scirocco.org/tech/misc/afgauge/af.html