View Full Version : Glendora Mountain Road 12/31

adri99an
December 31st, 2009, 09:39 PM
Wonderful day to ride---except for this Accord that went over.

Alex
January 1st, 2010, 12:25 AM
:kewlpics:

ninja250
January 1st, 2010, 11:41 AM
Nice! No snow?

Sounds like I'll be there soon :)

Cool pics. :cool:

adri99an
January 1st, 2010, 05:41 PM
No snow---just cold.
If you go up to Mt. Baldy from Glendora Mountain Road--you will see snow for sure. Make sure to layer up.

I went up GMR today and out the Azusa Canyon---too many people just driving around. NOt so many motos--just cars and vans that love to swerve into your lane.

ninja250
January 2nd, 2010, 11:07 AM
I like Mt. a little better because it is two lane, but kinda short and choppy. Lots of 180* turns though at low speed to keep you awake. :D
I get a lil creeped out on GM/RR (glendora mountain/gendora ridge road) because of the one lane part, but there is areas where you an still have some fun because you can see a good bit ahead of you. Got to have control to slow way down at the times you can not.

Have you tried anywhere up in San Bernardino on the 138 or even in banning on the 243 to Idlywild? Mmmm some good twisties.
Little bit to play around on in Lytle creek too but not as advanced.

I might head out today and try to get that video I've been after. We'll have to hook up soon for sure.

Time to go check tires, blinkers and brakes really quick.

ninja250
January 2nd, 2010, 04:05 PM
Well,
found the two lane portion of GMR/GRR today. lol
I've been riding the one lane portion.

I did the whole road today though. Got some video to post later!
Lots of bikes up there today, being Saturday! They were all stopped off at the turn around to the East Fork.

I followed another ninja 250 out after going in pretty fast.
Videos tonight or tomorrow!

Manimal
January 9th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Nice pics and love the view! Oh! and nice color 250 you've got there too :p

iceman.kcmo
January 9th, 2010, 04:30 PM
I LOVE THAT ROAD! I went out to oceanside to visit a friend for a week, got to talk with a few car guys and they told me about GMR. I went there for 5 days out of my 10 i was out there. I went MBR to baldy. I wish we had roads like that in the mid-west.