View Full Version : For those of you who own leather pants / full leathers...

currentsea
January 2nd, 2010, 09:56 PM
Do you wear them off the track?

If so,
Do you get funny looks when walking into a supermarket in full leathers?
Do you have more confidence on the highway in full leathers?

I'm curious. I bought some nice A* pants, and don't ever wear them off the track. I want to, but it's a hassle changing into and out of them wherever I go somewhere.

00v_Lucky
January 2nd, 2010, 10:11 PM
I think it depends on what color they are. Anything other than black, I suppose you will get some looks but other than that I believe it to be normal.

I am in a similar position as well, I just bought a new1 pc kawi green suit and was suppose to go to the track today, wasn't able to go and now have a suit lying around probably not able to wear it anywhere else except the track ha.

CRXTrek
January 2nd, 2010, 10:52 PM
Do you wear them off the track? Yes,1 pc A' Stars

If so,
Do you get funny looks when walking into a supermarket in full leathers? I don't commute or shop while on the bike But when getting gas everyone says i'm dressed for a very serious ride
Do you have more confidence on the highway in full leathers? Yes

I'm curious. I bought some nice A* pants, and don't ever wear them off the track. ( There are alot more things to hit and be hit by on the street ) I want to, but it's a hassle changing into and out of them wherever I go somewhere.

Angel-be-Good
January 2nd, 2010, 11:57 PM
I wear Shift Havoc pants (http://shop.shiftracing.com/ecomm/ProductForward.do?forward=product.pagedef&proId=14008&cid=258&cname=Pants&proNumber=70087&imgName=70087001F.jpg). They're cut more like jeans than most leathers and fit over my civilian outfit. Wear 'em to work and pull them off at my desk. Wear them to the grocery store, wear 'em everywhere.

silver_bullet
January 3rd, 2010, 07:53 AM
I don't wear leathers but I wear full gear. Some poeple ask if it's hot and questions like that while others think it's a bit overboard. I've been down and got a mild cuncussion from T-boning a cavalier at aprox. 40mph after they ran a red light while I had my Katana. I say who cares what everybody else thinks it's your hide not theirs.

Manimal
January 3rd, 2010, 09:18 AM
Since a minor get-off some years ago (scuffed knee), I wear full gear (2 pc leathers). No matter if I ride to work or a weekend ride.
Besides, here in Nor-Cal, it's quite common to see riders in full gear. Those that don't, get heckled for not. It's all about your safety, regardless of how you ride. Moreover, the motto here is, "I'd rather sweat than bleed".

ninja250
January 3rd, 2010, 12:28 PM
Need to get pants/knee pucks soon.
Not really sure what to look for..

currentsea
January 3rd, 2010, 02:56 PM
Manimal: That's encouraging to know that full gear is common up there. I like your motto.

HKr1
January 3rd, 2010, 03:42 PM
Do you wear them off the track?

If so,
Do you get funny looks when walking into a supermarket in full leathers?
Do you have more confidence on the highway in full leathers?

We wear them most(90%) the time, wife does all the time. If were going to the supermarket, we take the truck. We wear them into restaurants/fast food places thou :)

I feel allot better wearing them, But I tend to get outta control. If Iam wearing levis, I seem to go a bit slower.

kevlarorc
January 3rd, 2010, 05:31 PM
You can't go overboard until you're this guy:
http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr104/scorchedfire/bomb_squad.jpg

BlueRaven
January 3rd, 2010, 05:33 PM
I always wear my padded leather pants. I get some looks but they are usually positive cause not many women ride sportbikes around here and they find that cool that i have a matching blue leather suit. Of course if i go inside the store its usually in and out to pay for gas or use the washrooms. I love my skin too much to have road rash.

Zombiphone
January 3rd, 2010, 05:56 PM
I'm one of those ATGATT nazis, so naturally I were all of my gear at all times. I, personally, feel a lot safer and a lot more confident on my bike now that I ride in full leather, so I would go so far as to say I've become a better rider as a result. I commute to work on my bike everyday and always suit up for it. I got my pants a size larger so they would fit as overpants, so it's not much of a hassle to take them off and fold them under my desk when I get there.

As far as people looking at me funny goes, like when going to stores and such, I tend to get a lot more "ZOMG! Chick on bike!" nonsense than "ZOMG! Gear!" nonsense. The thing is though, if you're already rolling in a leather jacket and have your helmet in your hands, I can't imagine someone looking at you any more funny just because of the addition of pants. People might realized you rode there a few seconds sooner if you have leather pants, but the stares and attention's pretty inevitable either way.

Although, one guy at work who also rides (but never wears gear) does poke fun at me on occasion for my "snow pants" but he's a friend and pokes fun at me for everything, so I don't think it's something he actually finds odd. Otherwise I'm just known as the white ranger at work, which, as a nerd among nerds (I'm a videogame tester, for the record ^^; ), is more of a complimentary badge of honor than an insult. But then, I also think motorcycle gear is absurdly cool looking, so even if I got gawked at by everyone I ever came across, chances are likely I'd feel way too awesome to care:p ...On second thought, take my opinions with a grain of salt >_<

Greg_E
January 3rd, 2010, 06:52 PM
Pink power ranger:

mikedabike64
January 3rd, 2010, 07:35 PM
I wear mine all the time dont care what people think, no skin off my back.

Sailariel
January 3rd, 2010, 07:54 PM
I always wear all my gear. Leather wears a lot better than skin. Bottom Line: If we were concerned about what other people thought, we would not be riding sport bikes.

null0
January 3rd, 2010, 08:47 PM
Twisties = leather or textiles depending on rain/cold
Around Town = textile or leather jacket & levi's

Betlog
January 3rd, 2010, 09:53 PM
How about 1-piece suits? I'm thinking of just wearing the 1-piece suit everywhere since I can't afford to buy another suit (2-piece). :D

CRXTrek
January 3rd, 2010, 10:01 PM
How about 1-piece suits? I'm thinking of just wearing the 1-piece suit everywhere since I can't afford to buy another suit (2-piece). :D

Nothing wrong with wearing a 1 pc ,that's all i ride with now.

Manimal
January 4th, 2010, 06:55 PM
Nothing wrong with wearing a 1 pc ,that's all i ride with now.

1pc or 2pc, it's all about protection and to minimize injury if a mishap or accidient should accur.

If I may add, the benefit of leathers vs textile that, in most cases, leathers can take a crash many times over, where as textile may only hold up in a single crash.

capt_bugaloo
January 4th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Double post

capt_bugaloo
January 4th, 2010, 08:45 PM
On the highway I wear textile bib style pants with armour.
In the city, I take my chances with lowly regular old trousers - but I have proper full gear otherwise (helmet, boots, gloves, etc.)

karlosdajackal
January 5th, 2010, 02:24 AM
I wear these pants, with the smiley face knee sliders and all.

Not that I care what other people think, the knee sliders do tend to get smiles from ladies and small children. Hell I don't care if people think they look stupid, if it makes one person smile its worth it :)

Irish people are to polite to say anything negative to a stranger anyway.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2783/4152025081_66e758a16e.jpg

Depends if you bought the bike to
1. ride it (wear riding gear)
2. commute on it (pretend its a glorified scooter, drive slow and a helmets enough)
3. A fashion statement (sell the bike and buy yourself some threads instead)

foxpaws
January 5th, 2010, 05:38 PM
I wear these pants, with the smiley face knee sliders and all.

Not that I care what other people think, the knee sliders do tend to get smiles from ladies and small children. Hell I don't care if people think they look stupid, if it makes one person smile its worth it :)

Irish people are to polite to say anything negative to a stranger anyway.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2783/4152025081_66e758a16e.jpg

Depends if you bought the bike to
1. ride it (wear riding gear)
2. commute on it (pretend its a glorified scooter, drive slow and a helmets enough)
3. A fashion statement (sell the bike and buy yourself some threads instead)

they made me smile...where did you get them?

CRXTrek
January 5th, 2010, 10:53 PM
Gabi,
:)'s are here
http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Asphalt_Gas_Solid_Leather_Knee_Pucks--37-AG-1.html
and
http://www.motosport.com/motorcycle/product/ASPHALT-GAS-KNEE-PUCKS/?catalogId=100150

wyckedflesh
January 6th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Do you wear them off the track? Yes

If so,
Do you get funny looks when walking into a supermarket in full leathers? Don't care
Do you have more confidence on the highway in full leathers? Nope, I dress for the crash every day

I don't change, and I could care less what people around me think of what I wear. I am not riding for a fashion show, I am riding for MY enjoyment, not theirs. I have 3 pairs of textile pants, 2 pairs of leather pants, and 3 seperate jackets, 2 textile and 1 leather. I wear what ever fits the bill for the day. Leather jacket, textile pants, textile jacket, leather pants. Don't care. Course it might help that almost everything is black...:D

HKr1
January 7th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Squeak, Squeak, Squeak, Squeak!

^ The best part of walking around in full gear :)

ninja250
January 7th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Going to look at pants today!
Hopefully I don't end up spending as much as I think I might.

ninja250
January 7th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Holy smokes! :ashamed10::happy70:
Never been one to do anything half way..
Went with these bad boys! Dang they are tight! :D
http://www.revzilla.com/product/dainese-sf-perforated-leather-pants
Must be the tightest fitting pants I've ever had. lol Someone is gonna laugh when they get a picture of me. Hell if I care, they actually fit like a glove!

I tried tons of other stuff on and nothing fit good in my size. This was the only thing that fit so good I didn't have a second thought about it. I'm able to move my legs around really good with these versus other pants I tried, and I tried all the top brands. The sliders and pads all stay in place too and don't move around on my body.
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5388&stc=1&d=1262915655

Beast
January 7th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Went with these bad boys! Dang they are tight! :D

I have similar pants, but the Delta model instead. I really can't tell the difference visually. Maybe the logo on the side? Haha. They're great. You'll break them in and they'll be perfect. Tighter the better for leathers. You want them to be a "second skin".

ninja250
January 7th, 2010, 07:41 PM
These are the only pants that said "Hey, I'm comfortable and have lots of padding and somewhat look good on you".

All the other pants told me to put them back besides one nice basic $149 pair of overpants that I would have bought if I didn't find these.

I don't even know if or think I'm getting low enough to drag, but these pants just plain felt good to wear. :thumbup:

I brought a thin pair of sweats to put on under the pants to be sure I could fit thermals on under them when it's cold.

Sailariel
January 8th, 2010, 01:09 PM
These are the only pants that said "Hey, I'm comfortable and have lots of padding and somewhat look good on you".

All the other pants told me to put them back besides one nice basic $149 pair of overpants that I would have bought if I didn't find these.

I don't even know if or think I'm getting low enough to drag, but these pants just plain felt good to wear. :thumbup:

I brought a thin pair of sweats to put on under the pants to be sure I could fit thermals on under them when it's cold.

In the summer, I wear bicycle shorts under the leather pants. You don`t need expensive ones--$20 at Dick`s Sporting goods. You will ride in real comfort.

backinthesaddleagain
January 8th, 2010, 02:46 PM
I wear these red leather pants, but folks only seem to care about my headband!