View Full Version : New to bikes, Made a simple Ninja 250 Review

defaultstivaper
February 8th, 2021, 05:28 PM
Got an 08 Ninja 250 back in Dec, for $2100 and 2k miles. Love the bike, even as a basic starter bike. Can't wait for spring to really start driving. Here's my experience so far:

1TCF_v8_iME

GAU-8
February 12th, 2021, 01:05 AM
Nice find!

Triple Jim
February 12th, 2021, 05:54 AM
As far as the danger from other traffic, always assume no one else on the road ever sees you. No one... ever.

DannoXYZ
February 12th, 2021, 07:46 AM
Nicely done video!

Gearbox Paul
February 13th, 2021, 02:11 PM
I enjoyed your video. It's ironic, I also bought a 2008 Ninja 250R recently, also in red, and also has the Yoshi TRC exhaust. I agree with all your points in the video. It's really a great bike and lots of fun. Love the sound of the exhaust. Enjoy.

DannoXYZ
February 13th, 2021, 07:35 PM
These little bikes are so much fun!!! I bought 2nd one for commuting after racing one for a year. Now I ride my CBR600RR much, much less.

defaultstivaper
February 13th, 2021, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I'm already itching to get another bike, but for what it's worth, I think the 250 will be worth keeping. It may not be the fastest but it's more than adequate and looks great. And yes the yoshi makes the thing sound like a beast!

GAU-8
February 22nd, 2021, 01:58 AM
I'm already itching to get another bike, but for what it's worth, I think the 250 will be worth keeping. It may not be the fastest but it's more than adequate

Good to hear!

"More than adequate"...is an understatement. Other than pulling away power, a 250 really is the master to learn from. ( at least in the U.S.) I am not an expert rider, nor racer, nor track day rider. But I have had almost 30 years experience, daily. Got a GSX-R 1000 needing work ( actually quite simple.) Yet if my 250 fails....I'm devastated.

Bob KellyIII
September 15th, 2021, 08:16 AM
I've had my 2012 250R for a few weeks now, you mentioned the power being
a bit low..... AS COMPAIRED TO WHAT ? LOL 32hp in my youth would have been Killer !!!! the problem with the 250R is the silly gearing it's not the HP
I rode my bike about 3 times before I ordered the tallest final drive sprockets I thought I could get away with,...a 16 tooth front sprocket and a 43 tooth rear sprocket.... for me that changed everything, it's no longer the shift,shift shift and shift monster it was, and each time your tacking close to the red line !
and your only doing 40mph ! ...it's horrible that way ! with the taller gearing on the bike it made it ridable for me from launch to 2nd I'm probably doing 20mph now, that's 3 gears later with the stock gearing !!!! i can do that 40mph that with 3 gears not 5 like it was ....
believe me the taller gearing for street riding is the way to go !
and I was worried that it would be much slower on the acceleration , but it's not.it still goes like a bat out's Hell !
I'm 68 years old, and to me this 250R has the performance of a 500cc bike
of 30 years ago.... but you have to use the RPM to see it.
I can travel on the freeway at 75mph if I want to.... and keep it there because I am NOT anywhere near red-line !!!!!
..... it's not just a good bike, it is a great bike ! it's hard as hell to work on
but it is one sweet machine ! give the 250 a chance it will continue to surprise you, as mine has me !
Bob.......