View Full Version : Future problems??

Shano22
January 12th, 2010, 10:26 AM
I was wondering what damage may be done to my 2005 ninja 250 by running straight pipes. I have run them for about 3 weeks now and my temp gauge has stayed in the same operating range that it has with the stock pipes on it. Also, my headers have not shown any changed color which would be hinting at the engine running hotter. It has about 4k miles on it so im thinking there should be enough carbon on the valves and pistons to protect them from burning up? Any advise would be great to clear up all the different things i have heard about running straight pipes. Thanks!! :thumbup:

Alex
January 12th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Future problems??

Hearing loss. :D

Shano22
January 12th, 2010, 10:44 AM
haha thats true never thought about that :rolleyes: and probably some second hand (temporary) hearing loss for passengers and nearby cars

kkim
January 12th, 2010, 11:15 AM
pissed off neighbors?

check your plug color to make sure of the engine's condition. carbon build up in the cylinders will not prevent a motor from burning up.

my question... why? :confused:

Shano22
January 12th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Ya ill check my plugs. Thanks. And i wanted to do it because i dont have the money to get the two brothers slip ons yet and i love loud and annoying bikes haha. I replied and PM'd the guy who posted on here about the Cobra F1R slip ons for $175 but he hasnt got back to me yet

tapdiggy
January 23rd, 2010, 12:10 AM
No mufflers on the 250= bleh. I tried it for a day and couldn't wait to put my stock exhaust back.

Snake
January 23rd, 2010, 08:09 AM
Have you had a chance to check your plugs to see how they look?