View Full Version : Bike Week Races

CC Cowboy
March 11th, 2021, 01:07 PM
I went to 3 days of flat track races and watched Alex Quarterley in the learning process. Dale is coaching and Alex is progressing fairing rapidly. Flat track seems to be growing in popularity as road racing had declined for many years (although making a comeback lately). Fun to watch and I wish I had done it when I was younger.

Waiting for the 200 on Sunday.

The weather has been perfect!

Alex
March 12th, 2021, 07:32 AM
Sounds like fun!

backinthesaddleagain
March 12th, 2021, 09:20 PM
I see Michael Dunlop is racing the 200. Wish I could have made it down. Spent some time today changing the 636 sprockets to -1 +2. Can’t wait to try it out and see how it pulls.

CC Cowboy
March 14th, 2021, 09:11 AM
Luckily I checked what time the race started on Sunday only to fine out it was at !2:30 on Saturday. I rushed to get ready and made it to the track with time to spare.

Great race! 5 top riders, then down to three, then two, then 18 year old mistake. With 5 laps to go I kept yelling to let Paasch pass and set him up for the last lap draft and take the win but the 18 year old Kelly wouldn't listen and the much older 19 year old Paasch drafted by him on the last lap to take the win.

CC Cowboy
March 14th, 2021, 09:15 AM
I see Michael Dunlop is racing the 200. Wish I could have made it down. Spent some time today changing the 636 sprockets to -1 +2. Can’t wait to try it out and see how it pulls.

Dunlap started 23rd and finished 11th.